“Nice hostel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #8 of 105 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
“Nice hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location!!! Just a few steps to Temple Bar. My room had a very nice view over the river.
Staff are very friendly and helpful: they were super nice when I checked in at 2am, they gave me suggestions about the city and even booked a tour to Moher for me with a discount!
Hostel is clean, my 10 people room had two showers and two separated toilets, which was very nice.
Breakfast is basic but sufficient for several days.
The only thing I missed were lockers in the rooms, although I felt very safe (you need your key-card to enter both the staircase and the room)
Nice common areas, cool environment. Wifi worked perfectly everywhere. You also have your own light and plugs in every bed.
I would completely recommend this hostel to everyone!!!!!

Stayed March 2017, travelled solo
1 Thank maricombi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Claremorris, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My food was stolen from this ''establishment'' and I was accused by a member of staff that I was a liar because there was no ''proof'' that my food had been stolen. The whole incident was handled extremely unprofessionally. I had been staying in Abigails every week because I needed somewhere to stay while I was working in Dublin City. When I mentioned that I chose to stay there on a regular basis the staff member in charge said that I was allowed to stay there as a ''gesture of goodwill'' because they had a 14 day stay policy. This was never mentioned to me when I paid 60 euro a week to stay there, only when there was an issue. The manager and the staff member in charge behaved very unprofessionally and treated a 20 year old girl with complete disregard. The cutlery is never clean and the toilets regularly stop working. People also sleep on the couches. I had relied on that place because I couldn't afford somewhere to stay and they treated me with extreme disdain when there was an issue that could have been easily sorted. I must mention that the other members of staff were lovely and there was always good service up until that point. I'd recommend any other hostel in Dublin over this one.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Helmond, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, the location is great. You can walk through the whole of inner city Dublin, plus there are supermarkets nearby. The downside is the noise (of drunkards) at night. However, that is the price to pay for such a prime location, I suppose.

The staff have a rather cold attitude. They will help you, but the help seems reluctant. For that reason I found the hostel 'charm' which you can find at other accommodations a bit lacking. After a while I didn't ask them anything anymore.

My friend and I stayed at the three bedroom dorm. There is no place to store your luggage in your room, but there are three safes (which we didn't use). The rooms were not very clean: bathroom looks grimy and underneath the faucet was a lot of dirt. The beds were ok to sleep in, especially the bunks. Each of the bunk-beds have their own lights and sockets. The radiator was somehow switched on during some nights - it got really hot even with the windows open.

The breakfast was ok, though it always was the same. Sometimes the bread was moldy and they should have checked that beforehand. Also, the dishes weren't really clean and seemed to be only washed with water.

It was an ok accommodation, however I found the price rather high. I think you pay more for the location than for the accommodation.

Stayed February 2017
1 Thank Sgaap
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3 friends and I stayed in August for a concert, there was nothing outstanding about the 6 bed dorm we stayed in, but it was comfortable, basic rooms and beds. Each bed had 2 personal sockets which was great! As far as location, you could not do any better. We were a 2 minute walk from the aircoach stop, and right in the city centre. The social area was nice, clean and comfortbale, and we were able to wait here after check out for our bus. The kitchen was small but useful and free tea and coffee was provided.

Room Tip: The 6 bed dorm was spacious and comfortable, with a good en suite.
  • Stayed August 2016, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2017

I spent three nights here in June. I would highly recommend this hostel for those traveling on a budget. The staff here were wonderful, very friendly, and helpful. They had lots of information about activities in the city. Cleanliness I would give 9/10. My first night there I was in a 12 bed room, and the shower was a little grungy... Nothing a pair of flip flops cant fix. Water temperature was a little temperamental.
The lobby was a nice spot to hang out, games, books, comfy chairs, and a decent included breakfast. All the rooms I stayed in had a cozy view of the water.
The best thing about this hostel was the location. Right around the corner from temple bar.. Didn't have to worry about getting back home after a few too many guinness. Just a few doors away from a grocery store & a pick up location for the free walking tour.
I would happily stay again if I am back to Dublin

• Stayed June 2016, travelled with friends