“Dublin on a budget”
Review of Abigails Hostel

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #7 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I spent three nights here in June. I would highly recommend this hostel for those traveling on a budget. The staff here were wonderful, very friendly, and helpful. They had lots of information about activities in the city. Cleanliness I would give 9/10. My first night there I was in a 12 bed room, and the shower was a little grungy... Nothing a pair of flip flops cant fix. Water temperature was a little temperamental.
The lobby was a nice spot to hang out, games, books, comfy chairs, and a decent included breakfast. All the rooms I stayed in had a cozy view of the water.
The best thing about this hostel was the location. Right around the corner from temple bar.. Didn't have to worry about getting back home after a few too many guinness. Just a few doors away from a grocery store & a pick up location for the free walking tour.
I would happily stay again if I am back to Dublin

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Safe.Clean. Friendly. I stayed by myself before hitting London and Germany. I had my own room. Great location. If I would go back to Dublin, I would consider staying here.. if I didn't have the kids with us.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2017

People working there are always kind to help, the room are clean as the hostel in general.
Nice location, so close to Temple Bar ;)
Breakfast included and quite nice.
Coffee and Tea are free all day, wifi is really good.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We went only 2 nights.
We arrived and the toilette was broken. The hostel was full so they couldn't offer another room.
Breakfast was fine.
The best thing of the hostel is location.
Honestly, I don't think I will be back again to this hostel.

Room Tip: the only good thing is location
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carolina S
Reviewed 30 January 2017

As the title states, this was my first hostel experience. I was nervous making the reservation, but a friend was going with me, so that eased my worry. We booked two beds in a six bed room, female room. The hostel is located in prime walking distant from the Temple Bar area, so great for checking out lively night life. The entrance feels very secure and the staff were friendly and accommodating. There is a big lobby with lots of seating for people to mingle and chill outside of the rooms. The hostel offered lockers for storing items, but we did not pay the additional charge for them. We just didn't leave anything too valuable in the room when we left, but we didn't have any problems from our roommates anyhow. The linens are dispensed to each person upon arrival. To be fair, the linens were quite worn. You could tell they'd been washed A LOT, but I was only staying for one night, so I didn't mind. The mattresses and pillows were thin, but that seemed to be true of all the places I stayed while abroad. Our 6 bed room had one full bath ensuite, which was nice that we didn't have to exit the bedroom to use the facilities. In the morning, the hostel had a continental breakfast in the lobby for everyone. Like I said, I didn't have any other hostel experience for comparison, but this one was not bad at all.

Room Tip: Even though you miss the window, it might be nice to have an interior room to cut down on street noi...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends