“Perfect place to stay for a few nights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abigails Hostel

Abigails Hostel
Ranked #8 of 105 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect place to stay for a few nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2017

Safe.Clean. Friendly. I stayed by myself before hitting London and Germany. I had my own room. Great location. If I would go back to Dublin, I would consider staying here.. if I didn't have the kids with us.

• Stayed March 2016, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2017

People working there are always kind to help, the room are clean as the hostel in general.
Nice location, so close to Temple Bar ;)
Breakfast included and quite nice.
Coffee and Tea are free all day, wifi is really good.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2017

We went only 2 nights.
We arrived and the toilette was broken. The hostel was full so they couldn't offer another room.
Breakfast was fine.
The best thing of the hostel is location.
Honestly, I don't think I will be back again to this hostel.

Room Tip: the only good thing is location
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carolina S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2017

As the title states, this was my first hostel experience. I was nervous making the reservation, but a friend was going with me, so that eased my worry. We booked two beds in a six bed room, female room. The hostel is located in prime walking distant from the Temple Bar area, so great for checking out lively night life. The entrance feels very secure and the staff were friendly and accommodating. There is a big lobby with lots of seating for people to mingle and chill outside of the rooms. The hostel offered lockers for storing items, but we did not pay the additional charge for them. We just didn't leave anything too valuable in the room when we left, but we didn't have any problems from our roommates anyhow. The linens are dispensed to each person upon arrival. To be fair, the linens were quite worn. You could tell they'd been washed A LOT, but I was only staying for one night, so I didn't mind. The mattresses and pillows were thin, but that seemed to be true of all the places I stayed while abroad. Our 6 bed room had one full bath ensuite, which was nice that we didn't have to exit the bedroom to use the facilities. In the morning, the hostel had a continental breakfast in the lobby for everyone. Like I said, I didn't have any other hostel experience for comparison, but this one was not bad at all.

Room Tip: Even though you miss the window, it might be nice to have an interior room to cut down on street noi...
  • Stayed June 2016, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2017

This was my first ever trip going solo and first ever time staying in a hostel. I did a lot of research before booking a hostel and went with Abigail's based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

With this being the only hostel I have ever stayed in I can't compare to others but I can say that the staff were great - very welcoming, very friendly and very chatty. The room and bathroom were clean. The breakfast was good and there was always plenty of it. The bed was pretty comfortable but I did have to fold my pillow in half (just my preference though).

The location is AMAZING. Temple Bar is right around the corner and there are bus links right outside the front door. Easy to walk to anywhere around the city centre.

I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would stay here again on my next trip back to Dublin.

• Stayed January 2017, travelled solo