“Dax - better than the place”
Review of Dax Restaurant

Dax Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$46 - US$88
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Awarded "Best Restaurant in Dublin" in the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014. Located just off Fitzwilliam Square in the heart of Georgian Dublin, the award winning Dax Restaurant is one of Ireland's premier places to dine. The Dax menu uses only the freshest seasonal Irish and continental produce. Our commitment to healthy fine dining is experienced in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Dax is the perfect location for social or business dining.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I've been to the restaurant and the town in South-West France that inspires the cuisine. The town is nothing great to see - a bit like Mallow with everyone speaking French (admittedly, that would class up Mallow a bit). The restaurant, on the other hand, is super - well worth the trip. I've been here with my partner, with groups of friends and I've brought business colleagues here. Food always great - I'm happy to let the staff guide me, on both food and wine. Looking forward to my next trip!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We recently went to Dax for a pre theatre meal. The service and food were of a good standard. Tasty if not quite michelin star standard. The wine is quite expensive. We suggest a good reasonably priced wine say around 20 euro or less were offered as a house wine it would attract more custom. Service was really good.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I had some French business colleagues in Dublin and decided to brink them to Dax. They were overwhelmed with the food and service. The wine was also excellent and a great night was had by all. A small part of France in Dublin.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

My second visit and the food on both occasions has been absolutely delicious. Staff are so helpful and friendly that you thoroughly enjoy your whole evening. A sing song erupted the night we were there and the atmosphere is just so relaxed and enjoyable. Highly recommendable in my opinion.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Had a set lunch here recently and it was superb. Had egg starter and lamb to fallow both excellent and the service was flawless . Can't wait for my return as I'm sure Dax will be my regular spot for lunch in town