“Very good”

Ranked #115 of 2,803 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Mediterranean, European, Gluten Free Options, Wine Bar, Platters. Monday to Friday a la Carte and Lunch menu available, Saturday and Sunday a la carte and Brunch menu. Sunday to Thursday early bird available. Lunch 12:30 to 5:00 pm. Early Bird 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Brunch 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have benn to this place a couple of times and I really liked. Great selection of wines (highly priced as nomally happens in Dublin!) and good plates of cheese selections to nibble. The waiters are in general very helpful and kind.
I personally love the atmosphere of the venue with the music... Very romantic!

Adrien R, Manager at Olesya's Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks for the love ! We do try to create a special ambiance, Jazz and good service are the keys !

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Bagged a great table in the window and revelled in the exciting menus. Ordered a bottle of wine and food. Waiter came back five minutes later to inform they didn't have that specific wine. We asked for a suggestion of a similar quality bottle and neither of the waiters had any clue about wine. We then decided on a €100+ bottle; the didn't have that either. We finally settled on a Brunello. After fifteen minutes waiting we sensed something was amiss. The waiters were busy serving newly arrived customers and left us sitting until we summoned and asked what was happening. No surprises, they didn't have that wine either. They blamed a missed delivery and having sold out over the weekend. I doubt they sold many bottles in excess of €100. No excuses for staff incompetence and leaving us sitting like fools. Disastrous service. With wine prices so high the establishment could at least hire a sommelier. A wine bar with no wine. Pathetic. We went to La Cave and got superior wine, food, service for a fraction of the price. If you like wine and good service avoid Olesya's.

Adrien R, Manager at Olesya's Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi Dion, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our venue.
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience as we’re normally known for our exceptional attention to details, service and great wines.
I'm personally disappointed and regret that we missed to provide your table within.

We have been through serious and necessary changes in the last week and will continue on the month (including and update on our wine list) to ensure your misadventure with us doesn't happen again.

If you would like to discuss this further or provide more details, please contact me at arostagnipro@gmail.com.

I hope we will have the occasion to make it up to you anytime soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Spent the weekend in Dublin - great atmosphere with lots of tourists enjoying the pleasant weather. My wife and I, without a reservation, decided to 'try our luck' again with this wonderful restaurant around 8:45pm on Friday night (25 August 2017). Guess what? We were not disappointed. The delightful Carlos found us an excellent table-for-two and a great night ensued. Food was great and the selection of wines in this wine bar/restaurant was superlative. Yes, this place 'always delivers'. Mind you, to avoid disappointment, I would recommend you either book beforehand or leave your meal until later. I finished the night off chatting to Carlos with a lovely glass of port and my wife opted for the Martini Royale. Check it out...

Thanks A lot for the review Danny !
I will make sure that Carlos get the compliments for the service !

Reviewed 26 August 2017

a refreshingly intimate place in the center of Dublin.
There is a small menu, providing lovely snacks and platters.
The choice on the platters is enough for one and a half man, and if you can´t finish, they will wrap up what is left on the plate, no risen eyebrow (yes, I know, we were educated not to take away what´s left over, on the other hand - they would have to throw it in the garbage)

A very complete wine list, and acceptable prices, maybe before ordering by the glass, consider a bottle, better value for the money.

So, a recommendation anyway, and next time here I would certainly re-visit.

Service, by the way, very friendly!

Thanks a lot for the review !
Yes we do understand that some of our plates or platters might be too much , and we do not like to throw !
We hope to see you back soon !

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for a coffee while shopping, great spot to watch the world go by and well placed for all the shops.

For a break with a coffee or a glass of wine its definitely the spot ...
Even myself when its quiet i lost myself watching the funky exchequer st in movement !
Thanks for your review Charlie .