“Great stay!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Stunning views over Dublin City and Bay
Beautiful Gardens and Patio area Plenty of parking for 5 cars with electric gates
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beautiful Gardens and Patio area
Plenty of parking for 5 cars with electric gates
Porcelain floors
Excellent facilities for cooking dinner
Great nightlife in the city of Dublin
Great nightlife in the city of Dublin.
Incredible walks along the coast 2minutes walk from the house
large 2,600sqft house
View from second bedroom
Enjoy the Patio area
At the end of a great day in Dublin, get a good nights sleep with our comfortable beds.
Kick back and watch all the latest movies, sport or listen with Bluetooth wireless sound system
Walkin closet and en-suite with large shower 1mtrx1mtr
Large smoking area
Large Family Bathroom with 10 jet Jacuzzi bath and Large Body shower
Enjoy the 10 Jet Jacuzzi Bath after a long coastal walk or a good night in the city
high finishes throughout the house
Stunning coastal walks
Stunning coastal walks
Visit the many Castles within 15 minutes of the house
THIS IS WHERE I BELONG
Full moon over Dublin bay
Happiness is Homemade.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sallyburk...
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Jimmy was a great host who was very accommodating and couldn't do enough to help! The house is very well furnished and clean. The magnum of prosecco was such a nice touch and made my 21st birthday even better! Thanks jimmy!

magfo
Scotland, United Kingdom
“I'd definitely stay here again!”
Reviewed 30 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Despite dropping 1 star there is no question I would stay at this house again. The house is on the outskirts of Dublin, but is fairly easy to get the train from either Kilbarrack or Raheny (I found Raheny a bit better as there is a taxi rank nearby so if you get back from a long day in Dublin you might prefer to jump in a taxi back to the house rather than the 25 mins walk)
Jimmy was waiting for us when we arrived with a large hamper of snacks and a large pot of tea & coffee on the go, a very warm & friendly welcome.
House felt warm when we arrived, however it cooled down quite a bit in the evening, I text Jimmy, who didn't came over til the next evening and said it had been empty for a few weeks so was taking time to warm up, thankfully the rest of the weekend it was very cosy.
Lot's of leaflets in the house that have been left by other visitors, so plenty ideas of places to go.
We got a grocery delivery to the house which I ordered online, there is the option of Tesco or Supervalu online, however Tesco will only accept payment cards that are registered to Ireland, luckily Supervalu accept cards form any country so this worked for us. If you want to go out for groceries, heading towards Kilbarrack train station there is a smaller supermarket (think it was Centra) and near to Raheny train station is the Supervalu which I think was bigger.
The airport is about 25-30 min taxi drive depending on time of day, it was easy to get taxi's at the airport.
Back to the house, it has most things you would need, kitchen is equipped with glasses, plates & cutlery, there is also pans & dishes for cooking if you wish to be doing that, I found I could have used another tray or grill pan and had to cook some of our breakfast in a small frying pan instead of grill, no major problem though, it was enjoyed by all!
All the beds were made and there were plenty towels in every room. There's even a hairdryer in the largest room if anyone forgets one.
House is beautiful, location is beautiful, living spaces are massive and great for larger groups (we had 11 staying).
Small negatives that have led me to drop one star -
house not staying warm on first night
not perfectly clean - main areas looked clean on the face of it, but I swept up plenty rubbish that wasn't ours
main room's en suite is pretty naff which is a shame - but it's still usable and you get over it
lack of mirrors in the rooms, each room has a smallish mirror, but for the main room that we were in it was in the en suite so not easy to use a hairdryer/straighteners in front of it - it's such a big room there's plenty options of places to either have one on the wall or even a standing one, but something nearer a socket would be good
wifi - major issue complained by most of our party, worked well the first night, but seemed to disappear for the rest of the weekend, I chose not to contact Jimmy about this as I felt it wasn't that big a deal, but I guess if wifi is promised it should be working
If you are looking for some great food, I would highly recommend the Cock & Bull at Raheny, it's about 25 min walk so I'd get a taxi. Don't expect a fancy restaurant, it's a pub like place, first impressions we weren't sure, however the meal was fantastic, not one person disliked the food and it was quite reasonably priced compared to some others I had looked up - especially for drink.
For a takeaway, there are a few menus in the house and Jimmy has recommended a few places including Orient Express, which happened to be recommended by a friend of one of our party. We found it on just eat so that makes things even easier and it was one of the best Chinese takeaways I've ever had.
We were a group of 11 people, age ranging from 21 to 65 and there was something for everyone in and around the area. Parents came by car so went off to Howth for various trips, while the rest of us headed for Dublin shopping & Temple Bar. We all visited the Guinness factory, not many of us really liking Guinness, but came out a little converted, it definitely tastes better from the source. We took the hop on hop off bus, however felt afterwards it had been a bit of a waste, it was so cold and we had no intentions of hopping off anywhere else as we took so long at the Guinness factory. Had we known, we'd have found public transport out to the factory at a fraction of the price. Little tip for anyone coming that wants to visit the Gaol (jail) tour, book in advance!! We missed out on this as didn't know until someone told us and it was already fully booked for the whole weekend.
Overall a fantastic place to visit, thoroughly enjoyed Dublin and would love to go back again to see more, the house was perfect for our group and I think every one would return to it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Clare R
“Excellent weekend in a beautiful house”
Reviewed 9 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We stayed for the weekend for my sisters weekend, the house was absolutely amazing with beautiful views over Dublin Bay. The house had everything we needed and was welcomed with a hamper of bubbly and breakfast treats. Jimmy was very friendly, accommodating and helpful over our stay, any issues he resolved straight away. I would highly recommend to you to stay here. It's only a 10/15 min taxi into Dublin City with also a bus stop right outside, so very handy location. We will definitely be back!
Clare :)

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed in Howth, Dublin. Our host, Jimmy Preston, was the best! When we arrived he had supplied us with a basket of goodies, cupcakes and fresh coffee! He was available at a moment's notice if we needed anything. The house was wonderful and our family of ten thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing