“Lovely relaxed meal”
Review of Grill 201

Grill 201
Ranked #1,197 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Description: Grill 201 Modern European Restaurant & Steakhouse specialised in tasty charcoal grilled meats is a perfect spot for both formal and informal lunch or dinner. Situated at the very heart of Rathmines, a cosmopolitan and thriving commercial area of Dublin, Grill 201 serves the highest quality, 100% Irish Prime Dry Aged Beef. Grill 201 turnes excellent food, polished service and cosy atmospher into an authentic dining experience.
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Cosy restaurant & friendly efficient staff.
Had prawn cocktail to start which was really good for main had fillet steak which again really good though the pepper sauce was very disappointing not like pepper sauce at all & onion rings tasted like they were frozen packet ones not good. Had rhubarb crumble & cappuccino to finish both very good... they had quite a good wine list too.
Overall good tasty food at good value just a few tweaks needed - would definitely go back

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I've been twice now, and while it was quiet both times (probably because we were there early enough) it was delicious.

The early bird was great value. we both had steak and a dessert and loved it. Steak was cooked to perfection, I like a bit more kick to my pepper sauce but it was nice and smooth. Staff were super friendly. Hopefully it gets busier but we will definitely be back at some stage

1  Thank Al C
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Decided to try for lunch, wasn't busy 4/5 people there. Waitress was very pleasant and helpful, which was unfortunately the high point. Ordered the lasagne which came with chips which arrived after circa 15 minutes. When brought to the table, there was a plate with a small amount of skinny fries, and on the plate is what could only be described as a cereal bowl with a small lasagne in the bottom, so presentation was not great and this bowl did not make eating the lasagne easy. The skinny fries, not chips, were cooked from frozen, were limp and warm at best. The lasagne was small, and made using green pasta sheets, perhaps the menu description should have stated this along with the skinny fries. Lasagne was clearly nuked in the microwave and average at best taste wise, overall a very disappointing lunch. I would again highlight the waitress as being a real asset to this restaurant and I gave a tip on this basis, certainly not for the food served.

2  Thank noeldublin2016
Reviewed 31 October 2016

My wife and I were going on a date night and decided to find something different to eat, we came across the Grill 201 and said we would give it a try, I am glad to say we were not disappointed.

For starters my wife had the prawn cocktail which was exteremely well presented and my wife said that it was just as tasty as it looked.

I had the Black Tiger Prawn tempura, it was well presented and very tasty the prawns were perfect. The toasted sesame and balsamic dip gave the prawns a bit of punch it was delicious.

For mains my wife had the Barbary Duck Fillet, it was cooked to perfection and from the little bit I had it tasted as good as it looked.

I had the cajun butterfly chicken with crushed potatoes and a bacon and pea cream sauce, The chicken was spicy without being overpowering but the pea and bacon cream goes so well with it. Highly recommended.

The staff were very attentive and made sure that we were well looked after,

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to stick around for dessert, but that will give us an excuse to go again :)

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I wouldn't return to this restaurant. Had the early bird on a Saturday eve. We were the only people in the restaurant. No atmosphere. Ordered steak medium to well. It was extremely pink. Felt it was undercooked. I had booked through Groupon. They got the bill wrong and charged me regular prices. I wouldn't return to this restaurant.