“Weird taste”

Ranked #631 of 2,913 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Michie Sushi Ranelagh opened in 2007 in a laneway in Ranelagh, after starting off as a catering and take away business, we added a delivery service and rebuilt the take away into a small restaurant. Our passion for sushi and service have been noticed and we are holding the Makenna Award for Best Sushi in ireland for 6 years running.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We order sushi to get delivered at home and got very disapointed.
The reviews said it was great, but I found the sushi had a weird taste. We ordered a combined plate, there was only 6 maki and 4 Nigiri that were made with fresh fish (and its weird taste) over the 30 pieces, the rest was cooked fish, not too tasty either.
I was looking for a great sushi meal after a month craving for it, and I ended up just eating 2 pieces.
Also a bit overpriced for the quality and quantity of the food.
We won't be back for sushi.
My boyfriend ordered udon noddles and he liked them, not the sushi.

michiesushi, Owner at Michie Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Kandela,
Very sorry to hear that you thought our sushi had a weird taste. I would like to invite you to my chefs table to make you a personalised sushi selection with your preferences. Please let me know when you would like to book and I will personally serve you.
Kind regards
Michel Piare
Owner

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Michie sushi is a hidden gem. My fiancé and I needed a quick take away sushi fix and Michie was perfect. The sushi was high quality, fresh, and absolutely delicious. The take away containers were nicely presented. The staff were very friendly and we had a a great conversation while we waited for our food. Took about 10 minutes to prepare €45 of sushi. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Small and down a lane, thus not so easy to find, has me intrigued already. When the sushi is this good it doesn’t need to be on the high street. Service was fantastic and the food was flawless

michiesushi, Owner at Michie Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you very much csmurf! High street is so overrated ;) dark laneways any day

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

The Michie restaurant in Ranelach is just a tiny room, with about 8 tables, tucked away down a very average side street...but dont let that put you off. It is not for nothing that the proprietors were able to grow this business into an impressive chain of 5 local restaurants. We found the sushi here to be the best example of the classic japanese sushi that we've experienced in Dublin and would recommend if that is what you are craving.

Thank you rkoflondon! Such a lovely review.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Very tasty, full of flavour sushi, we were choosing between two sushi restaurants and big “yes” that we choose this place!
Very quiet place, I think this place more popular by delivery. We ate inside and we took sushi home also.
Don’t even think, go and try this place!
Very nice! Definitely will come back.
Thank you guys very much.

michiesushi, Owner at Michie Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you Monika. Happy to hear you loved our sushi so much you took some home ❤