Open today: 09:00 - 18:00

from US$819.06
from US$945.08
from US$863.34
More Info
All reviews ashford castle farm stay hawk walk day tour private tour company wild atlantic way bobby walsh county mayo ancestral home falconry experience west tour b bs expert driver spectacular tour beautiful country his knowledge great grandparents
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Our family of 4 had a half day we wanted to fill with a private tour from Dublin. I found Little Gem Tours online and loved their site - beautiful photos of everything I wanted to see. Robbie was incredibly responsive to my emails (even given the 6-hour time delay) and had great suggestions on how to spend our time. We decided to tour Howth and Malahide for the morning. Unfortunately, it was raining a bit, so we had to make some last-minute changes, but Robbie and Maggie already had a plan. They showed us some beautiful sights where we didn't get too wet, and gave us a great taste of Ireland.
The time spent with Robbie and Maggie was very easy - they're both so knowledgeable and nice - it was like hanging out with friends for the day as opposed to a potentially uncomfortable guided tour. Conversation was easy and they told us all about the sights we were passing, immersing us in the culture. We got a great education of Ireland all in an easy, conversational environment.
I would highly recommend Little Gem Tours to anyone visiting!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank dmintzer
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I hired Robbie to take my son and I around for the day after arriving by ship. He was there waiting on us when we arrived and was prompt and courteous. He accomplished twice as much territory in the same time as any port adventure and allowed us to customize our tour to exactly what we wanted. He was flexible, knowledgeable, and I would certainly reach out to him again for future travel needs in this area again. We had a lovely time tour my Malahide Castle, Powerscourt Gardens, the Wicklow Mountains and the Monastery in the valley below. Enjoy!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Two couples with a day and a half layover in Dublin had a great tour with Robbie. We only had vague ideas of what we wanted to see but he listened and took us exactly where we didn't even know we wanted to be. He is incredibly knowlegeable -- loved all the history and stories that made the tour so interesting. He is also very flexible, patient and fun to be around. We went to out-of-the-ordinary places as well as the major spots. All four of had different ideas and he worked hard to make sure we all were satisfied. We are already planning a family tour with Robbie next summer. Can't wait! You won't be disappointed with this company!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent private tour with Maggie and Robbie of Little Gem Tours of Ireland. It felt more like a day out with newfound friends chatting about the various aspects of Ireland and soaking in the beautiful sights. As well as an excellent tour Maggie and Robbie also went the extra mile to help us plan our trip to Cork. It was the best private tour we have been on.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We had an absolutely wonderful day with Robbie driving to Newgrange, Trim Castle and the Hill of Tara. On the last day of our stay in Dublin, my son and I had hoped to get in on a packaged bus tour, but they were all full. Getting a private tour with Robbie, however, turned out to be a far better choice. He planned our timing just right so we got a full day and saw the sights we wanted to see. More importantly, it was really great to spend the day with a 'local' and just talk about anything we wanted to. Robbie's knowledge was very extensive and for the few things he couldn't answer, he admitted he wasn't sure. My son was especially interested in the history of the area and they had a great discussion. It was a wonderful day.

Date of experience: July 2016