“A little surprise in the suburb”
Review of The Halfway House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Halfway House
Ranked #1,228 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Would never have thought to come here, but a friend took me and what a pleasant surprise. Lovely warm and cosy ambience when you enter with friendly and attentive staff to receive you. Service was great and the food the same, better quality than the normal pub grub and up there with the restaurants. Baileys cheesecake to die for!

There are newer reviews for The Halfway House

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent food. Have eaten here many times and never disappointed. Lovely waiting staff. Steaks are incredible. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The food here is always of a good standard. Sunday dinner is hard to beat. Always fresh and full of flavour. We also had dinner here during the week ordering off the menu fish and chips no complaints 100% recommend to family and friends for dinner or few drinks lovely pub

Reviewed 6 August 2016

This restaurant was around the area of our B&B, and so we were lucky to be able to find this place on our first arrival in Dublin.
The area is kinda small and quiet, so I was even more impressed later after entering the 2 floored pub. I liked the second floor - it's got nice bar, comfortable lounge and outdoor areas. Food was the ordinary pub food with reasonable price, but I was amazed by both quantity and quality. I ordered salmon dish. Not only was salmon fillet delicious, I was given 2 persons portion of mashed potatoes placed underneath the fillet - never had food like that before (Irish style?) but I found it very tasty.

The service was excellent as well - staff was super friendly and polite. We actually asked a lot of questions as one of our friends had trouble locating our place and they helped a lot.

I left the place with huge satisfaction. Actually I decided to go there again on the second night for dinner - this time I ordered additional ribs as starter. It turned out to be another highlight of the dinner. This place is not the best option for tourists because of the location, but I would say its quality beats many from the city center. I definitely recommend it to the others, and I will go again when in Dublin.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I often drop by for a bite to eat here and it has been excellent recently. Staff very friendly, good pints and the chicken wings are a must!