“Lovely food 😀”
Review of La Caverna

La Caverna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Situated in the heart of Temple Bar, La Caverna is a little taste of Italy in Dublin creating a tradition of excellence. With three levels, each comfortably seating up to 40 people, La Caverna is ideal for groups old all sizes. The newly renovated 300 years old Wine Cellar is a beautifully crafted 18th Century Barrel Vault, updated with soft lighting and superb selection of over 150 premium wines from Italy, France and Spain,Portugal, Argentina,California, Chile, Australia, South Africa. We have vegan and gluten - free options.
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Great little Italian up one of the side streets on Temple Bar. Service with a smile Second time here now and would come back again. Lovery food at reasonable price.

1  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I was there on Monday 27th of February with my family for dinner. The food was delicious and the restaurant wasnt too busy with few tables only. We were siting on the ground floor and two waitresses were working. On our arrival although not too busy we had to wave inorder to get the waitresses attention as they were talking loudly in their own language. The short waitress came to take the wine order but as it was a long list we couldnt decide which one to take and so we asked the waitress for her opinion but she didnt know anything about wine and she was very confused. She then called the other waitress who offered us the house wine. It wasnt to our taste but we didnt have any choice. Then the tall waitress came to take the order and the other one was standing behind the desk. It seems that we had disturb them as she came in smiling but as she turned back her face was very grumpy (my husband noticed in the mirror). The food came on time and it was really very nice for the price we paid but all the time we had to call the waitresses for attention. Even the next table had to do the same!! It was really disappointing to have good food but not good service which we paid for!! The other table had the same complaint!!
I think it would be better to be in a buffet restaurant where you know you have to take your own food rather than being in a La Carte restaurant where the two waitresses had to be called few times which made us feel not welcoming!!
The management need to have their waitresses to do their work rather than talking and ignoring people who paid for their food and service..

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Ate here in Feb. Fantastic menu. Had the vegetable lasagne. Nicest I've had. Opera cake and panna cotta fab too. Great selection of wine. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank tinakerr12
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Visited with friends and family for the early bird menu on Friday night. The selection of food available was great. The lasagna was delicious, the portions were good sized. My family had the lamb shank which they rated highly rated, It was 18 euro for a 2 course and around 22 for 3 course. The service was fantastic, staff very attentive, could not fault it. We did not have to wait long for our meal. Would recommend

1  Thank Wee-yin05
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I've been dining at last caverna for the past 10 years and I love it more each time that I visit. Food is amazing and staff are incredibly friendly. I held a surprise birthday party for my husband last year and the staff went above and beyond. My sister said "I had the nicest turkey and ham ever!" Such a great restaurant. The wine cellar is definitely where you want to sit. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Eire35