“Love this place!”
Review of Drunken Fish

Drunken Fish
Ranked #1,500 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I went few times at the Drunken Fish when I lived in IFSC.
Great place to go in couple or with friends. The place had kind of 4 different atmospheres.
Take away (for lunch) great and cheap, Hypster Irish Pub, lounge area to chill and restaurant.
In the restaurant, try the open area with windows, more enjoyable than the close one who can be really noisy if big groups.
The food is absolutely GREAT! Go for the Bibimbap or the Korean barbecue!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I love Korean food and have been to all the other popular places like Kimchi an Arisu in Dublin, and I must say I really liked Drunken Fish a lot better in terms of the atmosphere, and the food was not too bad either. I never knew or noticed this place until one of my friends told me about it, so it was quite embarrassing to be living only 10 minutes away as it's not the easiest to spot but it's located right near Mayor Square Luas stop.

Food: Me and my friend both ordered tofu bibimbap which was probably the biggest bibimbap I have ever had, but it was quite tasty. The portions were too big so I couldn't finish it, and it comes with miso soup and 4 sides as well (kimchi, rolled omelette, beansprouts and spinach). The food is very hearty and well made though, and the prices are really decent for the portion (€11-13). For variety, they had a lot on the menu along with plenty of vegetarian options.

In terms of service, all the staff were very polite and efficient. There is a button on the table and the waitress comes right over whenever you press, which is something I wish all restaurants had. She also had the bill ready before we asked.The food was quick to arrive too (~15 mins)

The atmosphere is very chill; the bar area is downstairs and the restaurant is upstairs, and I'd describe it as something like casual but cool. The main thing I liked was that it's not super noisy like some of the other Asian restaurants, and it feels a lot calmer yet not quiet.
Overall, great food, massive portions, lovely staff and decent prices even for dinner.

Food: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Efficiency: 5/5
Atmosphere: 5/5

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Quite impressed by the food here. Lovely starters and main, service was top quality. There is a cool button on every table that you press when you need to speak with a member of the staff. You can sit in the nice restaurant part of it which has a lovely ambiance to it, or you can sit in the 'bar' part which is also pretty cool. Highly recommended if you are looking for some good quality Korean food.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my friends, one of them Korean and we really loved it. My opinion as a non korean person, is great, the food was delicious and the service too. My Korean friend thought the food was very similar to what they serve in korea. I really recommend this place!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

... but stop for a second and focus on the customers!
We booked a table for ten on a friday night and arrived to find the restarant half full. We sat at a long table about five meters from the cashiers and a small kitchen "area". The waiters, about 5-7 youngsters (aged 17-19?), was constantly running around in the restaurant and nobody experienced enough seemed to be in charge. We got completly ignored for 15-20 minutes while they kept running to and from the cashiers area. Finally, after our orders where taken and our drinks arrived, we had to wait another 30 minutes for food. Be aware, the restaurant was still half filled.
Some "amusements": A group of 10-12 left their table after finished eating and having paid. Their table wasn't cleared for another 30-40 minutes. The attendants where still busy running around...
A couple beside us had food that was "grilled" on a special gas driven stove/plate that was placed on their table. When they had trouble with the gas an attendant came along and tried to solved this problem. He succeed to open the gas without igniting it, and when he succeed to do that there was a great 'whhoooosh' of burning gas around the stove which completely surprised his. He didn't got any of it in his face, which was fortunate for him, but it really took by surprise so he ended up sitting on the floor and laughing like a hysteric. The other attendants then stopped running for five seconds, helped him up standing and then kept running.
Please! Stop running. Employ an experienced head waiter who can control things.
Btw, the food was not good and not worth the price.

2  Thank sarne