“Cuisine and service st it's best”

Girl and the Goose Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first dinner in Dublin and proved to be the best not only here but throughout Ireland. Watch closely for the sign as it is a bit hidden although on the street. We were six without a reservation and were greeted warmly although the one waitress was very busy. Meals ranged from risotto, scallops, seafood salad, to sumptuous dessert. We are all foodies and all raved about our meal. Service was superb and friendly. Don't miss when in Dublin.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Have eaten here twice and had exactly the same thing both times because it was so nice. For starter I had scallops which came with crispy pancetta, black pudding and candied hazelnuts all of which were delicious. Then pork belly which is often either too fatty or too dry, was neither, very tender, unusually presented between slices of baked apple. Only adjustment I would make would be more of the lovely sauce, and thinner slices of apple. Service was excellent. The Early Bird (“Neighbourhood Menu”) at €22 for 2 courses (small supplement for scallops) is great value. Must try the rest of the menu sometime…

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We were a group of 5 booked Friday 14th July and we had a lovely meal. Menu, I thought, was a little limited but the quality of food was excellent. The girls serving our table were absolutely lovely and very attentive. Would highly recommend for quality of food and service.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were staying at nearby Hotel Inter-Continental in Ballsbridge area so this restaurant was just right as we were looking for some Irish cuisine. I had the duck and chicken pate to start, there was lots of toast to go with it, and for main course I had the largest beef and Guinness pie ever, it was so tasty with loads of meat. Very memorable!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My hubby found this place when we couldn't get into the place we had initially picked and it was a wonderful choice. They brought us an Amuse of mushroom and fennel soup that was amazing! For an appetizer we had the chicken and duck liver pate that was so silky and creamy. My hubby had to try the beef and Guinness pie and I had a shrimp salad. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet which was a lovely change from most of the restaurants we had been to in Dublin.