“Wonderful spot for a quiet dinner”

Girl and the Goose Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My hubby found this place when we couldn't get into the place we had initially picked and it was a wonderful choice. They brought us an Amuse of mushroom and fennel soup that was amazing! For an appetizer we had the chicken and duck liver pate that was so silky and creamy. My hubby had to try the beef and Guinness pie and I had a shrimp salad. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet which was a lovely change from most of the restaurants we had been to in Dublin.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Our family of six 4 teenagers 2 vegetarians , ate here our last night in Dublin . It was fantastic , Irish selections , the lamb shank , chicken pie , e backand Guinness pie were AMAzing. The cheese and onion vegetarian tart was So great!! We will b

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Clayton Hotels Ballsbridge, Dublin. Girl and the Goose restaurant was near to the hotel. Excellent food, good service, reasonable price. Recommended.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Popped in to a busy Thursday afternoon for lunch, every table, but one was taken so we happily sat down. Food was great I got the goats cheese ciabatta it was beautiful my daughter had the soup (parsnip) she couldn't get enough of it, delicious!
I specifically wanted to write a review to commend the waitress working (by herself may I add) she was absolutely delightful, warm, welcoming, she made sure we were enjoying our experience at Girl and The Goose which made it all the more delightful! She was by herself serving two big parties and around ten more tables, but still was on top of everything despite being on the go making sure everyone had every little thing they needed! I do think it was unfair to have her on her own, never have I come across just one waitress working a lunch shift alone before I do think whoever is to blame for that, manager etc should act upon it. However, as said above A+ service from the Irish waitress and the food was great too! I cannot wait to come back and try out the dinner menu

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Excellent venue. Great service - attentive but not cloying. Food outstanding. Had risotto which was far better than that consumed at a more expensive Italian not far away earlier in the week. Hake for main. Beautifully cooked, perfectly seasoned. Good selection of craft ales, one of which I sampled. Fantastic value for money too - 7-9 Mon-Thu deal, two courses for 22, three for 25. No adverse comments to make at all.