See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is so randomly bad its funny. Recently been took over when I stayed in June. Its OK if you're with the lads, i was on a stag do but would never take the missus there! Random kitchenette in the room, the other room had quite a big one too! Few plug sockets at low level, but random ones up high where a tv probably used to go. Cutains were too small for wimdows, nothing was finished propperly and cables hanging out places! We were on 1st floor so got WiFi. Bathroom was tiny, this did me well however as was able to sit on toilet and be sick in the sink! When you showered however what floor their was flooded, and it was so tiny you had to be careful not too move the tap to hot when washing to avoid scalding yourself. Did stay in the hotel for very long and didnt really see the staff! About 15/20 min walk to river and temple bar area, but few local pubs were good and friendly!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2016

we stayed at a guest house in upper gardener street we met a couple late at night 21st July 2016 they had paperwork and we're looking for this accomodation sadly they could not get a response after knowing the door several times beware you don't get scammed

Room Tip: Be sure you do your homework this hotel isn't a business and should not be advertised
3  Thank Monroe T
Reviewed 13 July 2016

In mid May I contacted booking.com and reserved three nights (without breakfast) in the Rock Hotel in Dublin (29 July to 1 August). The total cost was just over £327 and this was non-refundable. It was immediately debited from my credit card account. Yesterday (12th July) booking.com contacted me to say my reserved room was no longer available and I was offered instead totally unsuitable alternative accommodation. booking.com said the cancellation was not their responsibility. I find this totally irresponsible and will never use booking,com again. To add insult to injury booking.com e-mailed me again today stating that I would not be charged for the cancellation! There is no information as to how or when the money I paid will be refunded. Fortunately after spending several hours searching on the internet I found alternative accommodation at £100 less and with breakfast included. I would warn anyone using booking.com or intending to stay at the Rock Hotel that they should be careful. It would also be worthwhile reading the reviews written by people who have stayed in The Rock Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank DesGilmore
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The only thing this hotel had going for it was its proximity to Crooke Park. We were down to see Beyoncé and so we thought this would be a good place to stay. We were wrong, it is old, damp, and probably the worst hotel I have stayed in.
I wish we had read the reviews before hand....
Thankfully we only used it as a place to lay our heads and the bed was clean and comfortable.
We would not recommend and will not be back!

2  Thank Jenni L
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Bare people on here moaning about this place, was sound for a long weekend away with the lads. There is free wifi, there is plugs, and there is water and it is warm. Couldn't ask for much more for what we paid. Feel like the bad reviews on here were written by people who expected was too much. BC X

2  Thank jaminben10