“Possibly my favourite food in Dublin”
Review of Hilan Chinese

Hilan Chinese
Ranked #1,403 of 3,453 Restaurants in County Dublin
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I have returned here on several occasions and will continue to do so. Don't judge a book by its cover definitely springs to mind with this place and I would never have even entered the first time except for a friends assurance it was great. And he was right. Yes the place looks basic, some of the staff have less than perfect English and ordering can be troublesome at times but it is so worth it. The food in here is amazing and the staff are all lovely (even when we are struggling to understand each other). I would highly recommend this place to everyone and I do (it's now a firm favourite of most of my family and friends). Try the steamed dumplings, the salt and chilli cod, the spinach - just try it all - it's all delicious.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We drove up to Dublin on business and popped into Dundrum Shopping Centre on the way home. I'd been feeling like eating sushi and I thought we could go to Yo sushi, even though the sushi was mediocre. Imagine my surprise on discovering it had closed down. I now had to have sushi so we googled it and came up with this place only 200 metres away. Although they have a varied menu, we stuck to the sushi. It was fresh and well prepared. It wasn't drenched in mayonaise either, which I appreciated. We had the salmon and avo norimaki, salmon nigiri and prawn tempura rolls. Everything was wonderful. The prices were reasonable for such fresh ingredients. The service was good and our waitress was warm and friendly. I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

real Chinese food, very tasty and delicious. we tried everything: duck, chicken, pork, cod fish and king prawns, and I cannot choose which one was the best. staff very friendly and the karaoke was a plus

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

The first thing you notice is grease. Smell of grease in the air, greasy stains on chair cushions, greasy dust on lamp shades. My (vegetarian) food was just bland and we had no desire to eat it. My companion's - bursting with exciting chillies and exploding with addictive flavours. Some of the most boring and most exciting Chinese food I tried in ages, in surroundings that may send a thrill down the spine for all the wrong reasons. Not a romantic meal, but no doubt a bonding experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

The restaurant seems nice and some dishes do look tasty. Unfortunately, I must have picked the wrong one: the hot pot. Although there was a huge amount of food, the quality was lacking: the beef was full of fat, and what I got for vegetables was just salad. I think I'd prefer a smaller amount of food with a better quality.

The ground floor was busy, so we were seated at the first floor, which was isolated and not very inviting.

The staff was nice but the lady at the reception didn't make us feel welcome when we asked to share the bills.