2,668 results
All reviews cedars restaurant gallery bar lough eske thermal suite star hotel courtyard room underfloor heating beautiful grounds steam room main building five star four poster bed bar food pancakes omelette treated like royalty first class
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed 2 nights this week for a good friends wedding - have to say the wedding was top class. Excellent food, fantastic service, lovely room and a brilliant overall setup. Really would recommend this as a wedding venue.

I wish I could say the same about the hotel...which was really lacking in a lot of areas - especially as this is a 5 star hotel charging very high prices for everything from your room to a drink at the bar.

Hotel makes a very good first impression with a warm welcome offered at the door and by reception.

On walking to the rooms we started to notice that things were looking a bit shabby. Carpets were extremely worn and in most cases very dirty (covered with lots of black spots and several large stains). Curtains hanging along the corridor to the rooms were hanging off at the ends.

On arrival at the room we again felt things were a bit worn and lacking care and attention to detail. There was a large tear in the net curtain over the bedroom window, the bedside tables and console table was scuffed and marked and one of the cushions on the bed had a big toothpaste looking stain on it.

In the bathroom we found that the wooden blinds over the window was covered in cobwebs and the window itself had a large crack through the middle of it and the shelf in the shower tilted forward if you set anything on it.

We went to the bar for a bite to eat - again a lovely selection of staff and good service - but felt that prices were very high.

Turn down service is on request - this surprised me in a 5 star hotel. So request it we did with Geraldine on the phone - then went out for a bite to eat. Came back to find our friends room had been done but ours hadn't. Its a shame, as if they had done it they would have noticed a big black stain on the duvet cover when it was pulled back.

We had a great day at the wedding the following day, and slept well that night.

On check out I did bring all my points to the attention of the very nice receptionist - she listened and apologised - but i didn't feel she had noted anything so i doubt any of it will be rectified.

I do understand that I am being extremely picky about little things, but this hotel bills itself as 5 star luxury and I just feel that there was such a lack of attention to detail to numerous things and the place has been allowed to become tired and uncared for.

For the hotels benefit we stayed in room 217 on 2nd August - and if someone would just take a walk to the room and have a look around they should be able to see that every point i have made is accurate.

Overall - huge potential to be fantastic - please just give the place a bit of love and take a bit more care

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Nrm2
SolisLoughEske, General Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Nrm2,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa especially on such a special occasion such as your friend’s wedding day and also for taking time to share your valuable feedback.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind compliments with regard to the wedding day, your dining experience, the setup and your overall warm welcome and first impression and the level of service that you received.

Secondly, I can't express enough how genuinely disappointed I am to hear of your disappointment during your stay. I am sorry you felt like our staff did not take note of your concerns, however we do use a system here were all feedback is recorded and sent to all management in the hotel. We use a CARE programme here at Lough Eske Castle, where we invest back into the property to keep up with the maintenance of all guestrooms and public areas, this is an ongoing investment. Please be assured we take all feedback very seriously, in order to help improve standards for our guests in future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and be assured that these issues do not reflect our usual high standards.

I do hope you will return to stay with us again sometime in the not too distant future. We look forward to welcoming you back and to giving you the true five star experience for which we are so well known.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed here in early July for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Rooms clean and large with great amenities and views. Restaurants as expected - Cedars excellent for breakfast and dinner (lamb three ways was exceptional) and bar for a beer and burger was also good. Spa excellent - used the pool and the massage facilities and wonderful local walks. Also a great base for Donegal, Sligo and Derry.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Lough Eske Castle recently and for your lovely feedback.

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team. We are delighted that you loved your 4 nights here at the castle - especially with regard to your room, your dining experiences both in Cedars Restaurant and the Gallery Bar, the location of the hotel, our spa facilities and the walks around Lough Eske.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the castle sometime very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Stunning location, beautiful facility. Fantastic experience. Garden room was huge and comfortable. All high end finishes. Spa was great. Very reasonably priced. Would stay there again in a moment. I would give it 6 stars if I could.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MattS3321
SolisLoughEske, General Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear MattS3321

Many thanks for staying with us recently at Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for your kind words regarding the castle location, your room, and the spa.

We would love to welcome you back to the castle sometime in the near future if your travels allow it.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Lough Eske Castle for one night on a tour of Ireland. It was absolutely amazing! The rooms are very large and the bathroom is luxurious with radiant heated floors, rain shower head and separate tub. The bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, etc.) are handmade in Ireland and smell like a spa. Speaking of spas, their spa menu looked fantastic, but unfortunately we didn't have enough time to book a treatment. Dinner in the bar was delicious as was breakfast, including a pancake, egg and omelette station. This was high class all the way. Our only regret was not staying there longer!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Marlene C,

Thank you for staying with us recently at Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa during your recent tour of Ireland and thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay especially with regard your room, your bathroom amenities, our spa offerings, and all your dining experiences.

I do hope that your travels will allow you to come back and stay with us at the castle and for a longer stay next time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We were in Ireland to celebrate our 40th birthdays, and decided to stay in a castle over my birthday. It was amazing! The staff, the room, the spa, the rooms, and the bed was incredible. We were upgraded (don't know why, but we'll take it), to a garden suite. It was probably one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in the entire world. We had two beautiful days in Ireland while we stayed there, we rode bikes around, did some whiskey tasting in the bar and found the hidden billiard room and played some games. It was not super crowed either so at times it almost felt like your own castle. We absolutely loved it there and really worth the journey up to the northern county to go!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Maggie Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and for spending such a special occasion at Lough Eske Castle.

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay and Lough Eske Castle met all your expectations - especially with regard your room, the spa, your cycle around the estate, your whiskey tasting experience, the hotel library and the professional and friendly service that you received.

I do hope that you will return and stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you on that occasion.

Best Regards,