2,712 results
All reviews cedars restaurant gallery bar lough eske thermal suite spa facilities star hotel courtyard room underfloor heating grounds are beautiful steam room main building five star four poster bed pancakes bar food treated like royalty omelette
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a stay at Lough Eske to celebrate our first anniversary.

The good points are the staff are friendly and the food is lovely.

We have stayed in a lot of hotels and spas and to say we were disappointed with this over priced hotel would be an understatement. The room we were shown to was nice although there were a few cobwebs hanging around. The room was unbearably hot, we had to sleep with a fan on the first night which helped a bit bit was noisy so didn't make for a good night's sleep. We were on the ground floor and didn't feel comfortable sleeping with two patio doors open. We mentioned the heat to the receptionist on the Saturday morning and asked if someone could look at the thermostat incase we were doing something wrong, we returned a few hours later and nothing had been done, we phoned reception and there was no answer.

We had been told we could access all of the spa facilities which is par for the course at any establishment but when my husband enquired he was told he would have to get a treatment to use the hot tub - this was after forking out over €600 for a two night stay! He also found this out after having to sign himself in to use the pool as two staff members were too busy having a gossip to attend to him, he had to interrupt them ten minutes later to ask where the hot tub was.

There were a couple of mix-ups with food orders that I would have over-looked had our other experiences not been as they were. The hotel was recommended to us but I will not be recommending it to anyone else, totally overpriced and not a relaxing experience at all.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank roising2015
SolisLoughEske, General Manager at Lough Eske Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear Roisin G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Lough Eske Castle and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I am deeply disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your time here at Lough Eske Castle especially on such a special occasion such as your first anniversary.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced with the heat and cobwebs in your guest room, Spa Solís and the inattentive staff members, also with the mix up on your food orders.

I am truly sorry that these issues effected your overall experience at Lough Eske Castle.

Please be assured that these short-comings do not reflect our usual high standards and I will be following each one up with senior management in order to prevent such issues from occurring again in future.

Again I am genuinely sorry and I do hope that one day in the future you will give Lough Eske Castle a second chance to resolve this experience and provide you with the five star one in which all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

This was my second visit to Lough Eske after my first visit I was blown away with the hotel and standards. My second visit did not deliver the same expectations as I was disappointed in my stay from the moment I reported to the reception that the dimmer switch in the bathroom was not working. Although this seems trivial but the standard that was set during my first visit was what I expected every visit. On my checkout the reception asked was everything ok during your stay and I informed her of the issue which she replied we will have to get that looked at but unfortunately that was the same response that the previous reception gave us on the Fri when we arrived which the issue with dimmer switch had still not been resolved. I expect better customer service from a 5 star hotel as this has really changed my expectations of Lough Eske.

Room tip: Second floor rooms are less noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SolisLoughEske, General Manager at Lough Eske Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Ecrea01050,

Thank you for choosing to visit us on for your second visit to Lough Eske Castle.

I'm genuinely disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay - please accept my sincerest apologies and be assured that these issues do not reflect our usual high standards. I will be following up with our team to establish why the issue with the dimmer switch was not resolved on your initial encounter with the lady's at reception.

I am truly sorry that your second visit with us was not positively consistent with your first.

I do hope you will consider returning to stay with us again sometime in the not too distant future. We look forward to welcoming you back and to giving you the true five star experience for which we are so well known.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

We had booked into the spa as a group and it was amazing. Would definitely come back again as a special treat....loved the whole experience and staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant!
The hotel itself was beautiful and afternoon tea was a delight! Our room was incredible and so big. The staff again were first class and the food divine. Our waitress was lovely and so patient.
Will definitely be bringing my husband next time.....see you soon Lough Eske!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Vicky C,

Thank you for choosing to visit Lough Eske Castle & Spa Solís recently.

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much - especially with regard to Spa Solís, your afternoon tea experience and the first class staff here at the Castle.

I'm delighted to hear that you intend to return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the castle sometime very soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Myself and my wife stayed here for our anniversary. The staff were really lovely and welcoming. The atmosphere in the Castle was amazing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We ate at the bar one evening, and found the food to be okay. Breakfast was not included in our package, however we felt it was a bit over priced for what was on offer. Tip: bring your own swimming hat!

Overall I would definitely return again!

Dear worldwidetourman,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Lough Eske Castle for your anniversary.

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much - especially with regard to your room and the employees here at the Castle.

I'm delighted to hear that you intend to return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the castle sometime very soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

we were given a night and all food for a special anniversary at the castle--we could not have been given a better gift!!- from the moment we arrived the service and genuine attention was like no other hotel we have been to-the setting is so peaceful-the food and the service is first class --a morning walk only noise is bird song--this has to be one of Irelands best--

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SolisLoughEske, General Manager at Lough Eske Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear PETER M,

Thank you for visiting Lough Eske Castle to celebrate your special anniversary and for taking the time to share your kind feedback

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team and I am delighted to hear your dining experience and employee service was 'first class'.

I do hope that you return to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the castle sometime very soon.