Arrived mid afternoon with a group of friends but our 3 rooms were not ready. Not a problem, especially when we were offered a complimentary drink by way of compensation. One of our party were celebrating a birthday and was upgraded to a junior suite which was spectacular. All of the bedrooms were stunning. The beds were so comfortable we all had a fantastic nights sleep. The food in the restaurant was delicious and I'd definitely recommend the steak. We didn't use the Spa this time but we'll definitely make sure to try it out next time. The Spa staff were only too happy to show us the facilities available. Every member of staff was extremely attentive and were willing to assist in any way possible to ensure we were comfortable throughout our stay. The only disappointment was having to say goodbye at the end of such a fabulous weekend. We cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel