All reviews attending a wedding stayed here harvey's point home from home a great stay castle taxi bedroom
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This was our party's first trip to Donegal, and after getting lost, our hosts offered to drive into the town and direct our way back to the B&B, which was very much appreciated. While their place was a little ways out of town, we very much enjoyed the peace and quiet, and our hosts were very friendly and offered tons of suggestions on where to go. Our accommodations were very roomy and breakfast was made to order!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We booked at Heeneys because it was convenient for Donegal Town, offered WiFi and accepted Credit Cards - WRONG ON ALL 3 COUNTS.
It is hard to find, being miles out of town on an obscure road. The WiFi was "out of service" but the owner was using a mobile phone connection from her laptop.
I checked twice before we left re Credit Card - now cannot find the reference.
The scrambled eggs at breakfast were micro-waved. Although pleasant to our face, we could hear the owner making disparaging remarks in the kitchen, e.g. "now they want bacon!".
This may have been good at one time, but it is a troubled establishment now.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WRoverT
Reviewed 9 June 2010

One of the best places I have ever stayed in Ireland. Went with Indian friends while we were on our Donegal trip. Welcoming, friendly owner, great breakfast with many choices (We are veggie!). Super clean rooms, power showers, huge rooms, suitable for anybody. As other reviewers say, its away from town, but we need more quiet place to sleep when we are on trip, isn't it? Also wooden floors wasn't the problem as I am staying similar house since last few years. Although away from town, owner came to pick us up and for directions. I wouls definitely stay in near future as I am planning another tour there soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank vijaymicro
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This B & B is perfect for a few nights in Donegal. Spacious ensuite rooms, comfortable surroundings, lovely food and high quality service. Brilliant location situated very close to the Harvey's Point hotel. Breda also very welcoming and will go out of her way to assist guests in anyway possible.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
bhone, Owner at The Heeneys Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Heeneys Lodge, however I must point out that I have never advertised that I accept credit cards as I do not have a card terminal .
My web site states that I am a 5 min drive (2 miles) from Donegal town and I am on the main road to the 5 Star Soils Lough Eske Castle Hotel and the famous Harveys Point Country Hotel so not what I would call an obscure road.
My WiFi was not working and I do apologize for that, however I did offer the use of my mobile broadband .
Re breakfast., once again I am sorry that you felt I made disparaging remarks , it was not intended, just said under pressure when you changed your order that morning.

Reviewed 3 April 2010

stayed here for wedding in Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel and I must say that everything was great, the host breda was most accommodating ,dropped us down to the hotel had late breakfast in the morning ect.
The rooms were huge with wonderfull power showers.
Will def. be back