All reviews cookery school homemade jams two double beds guest house hen party great place to stay breakfast was delicious room was spacious full irish home from home pancakes wonderful hosts b and b on arrival minute drive her husband attending a wedding
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

A lovely B&B just outside of town. Donegal Manor is quite grand with spacious bedrooms, king size beds, and wonderful amenities. The Manor is immaculate and the proprietors, Michael and Marie are delightful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. When I return to Ireland, I will most certainly stay here again. I highly recommend the Donegal Manor.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Marie S
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We quite enjoyed our stay here. The room was large and the bed comfortable. Receptionist could not have been more welcoming. On a cold wet day, we were asked if we would like a coffee or tea. It really hit the spot as did the banana and ginger bread slices.

Hot and cold buffet breakfast was very good.

Would return.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent accomodation. Wonderful breakfast experience hospitality. Marmalade jam legendary and great selection of breads. Healthy food option. Would revisit and recommend. Handy for town 3 minute taxi ride.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Superb accomodation at edge of Donegal town . Beautiful guest house . Superb breakfast and hospitality . Quality bed linen and furnishings. Close to all the amenities around west Donegal . Highly recommended .

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Looking at the excellent ratings this place gets I thought I had made the right choice but how wrong can you be. The moment I parked in front of Donegal Manor I began to have doubts, it looked nothing like it did in the photos and I could only describe it as having an air of faded grandeur. This opinion was further enhanced by the front door and the lifesize plastic(?) knight inside it in the narrow hallway. The reception area was all darkwood as was the seating area with a shrub (plastic?) that had Xmas tree lights on it. On being shown to my room there was a strange smell in the hallway that never dissipated during the entirety of my stay. The room i was shown into at first glance seemed OK , it was large with two double beds and a decent sized bathroom, however once I sat down and began to take the room in more detail , it became a case of OMG the room is filthy (see photos). The only exception being the tops of tables, headboards, lockers and amazingly given the condition of the room a clean bathroom. As it was peak season I felt I had no option but stay because booking someplace else would be either impossible or cost an arm and a leg. I only found out later that the Central Hotel in town centre charged €120.00 whereas Donegal Manor B&B was €100.00 not including breakfast. Guess who felt like a loser. I considered complaining to the owners but as they were willing to put a paying guest into a room in this condition I felt it would be pointless. They would have tried to blame some youngster in their employ for the way the room was but that excuse will not wash (pardon the pun)as the layers of dust and dirt in that room would have taken months to build up. Once upon a time the Manor may have deserved high ratings but no more given the room I had and the jaded atmosphere it gives off both without and within. Those High ratings also make me question the veracity of reviews for this property

5  Thank bhFiann