“Fantastic accommodation, superb breakfast and excellent service”
Review of Donegal Manor

Donegal Manor
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I love this place to stay and it is a rare find to find availability here as its so popular. It's only a 5 minute drive into Donegal town and very quiet for a good nights sleep. They have plenty of parking available and you will be safe here.

I stayed here on my birthday as I wanted a night out in Donegal town, where there is live music every night. I also highly recommend a visit to Lough Eske Hotel for food, spa treatments and entertainment.

Our room had 3 double beds for all 3 sisters to be in the one room which was fab. The hosts always remember us when we go back and so you always feel super welcome.

The biggest sell for this place is its home cooked breakfast which is consistently excellent. It's so yummy and makes getting up (even with a birthday induced hangover) well worth the struggle. There is a short window on the breakfast which seems to have changed but nonetheless I love all the food, all of the time.

I left my phone charger in the room on my last visit and they thankfully posted it back to me - that's service right there!

I highly recommend the Donegal Manor for everyone. These guys deserve their consistent high ratings on TripAdvisor.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciara H

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely stay at this Manor. Very friendly hosts, Sian and Michael who always chatted with us. The breakfast spread is one of the best, I personally love their freshly baked scones and banana bread. The rooms are very spacious but could be aired more before we checked in. I do not like the separate hot and cold faucets at the basin, a mixer will be more practical. The shower pressure can be stronger too. Overall, I give the manor 9 stars out of 10. Thank you.
The group from Singapore

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We really enjoyed out stay here. The breakfast food was phenomenal. Hosts were excellent. Would definitely recommend. A Car needed to stay here. Staff was friendly, and informative. Room was good quality

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Nice hotel with large rooms.
There is not a bar in the hotel and you can't have dinner!!!
The website says there is but closed for several years now.

The manager in charge is not the nicest person when you mention this.
Price quality is very poor.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is a very old and dated hotel, that added wallpaper to one wall and a throw pillow on the bed. It can make a picture look appealing. They did have large screen TVs in the room also. That said, the sheets on the beds were worn, the duvet cover seem was torn. The doors to the room are flimsy and noise travels loudly. I was shocked and disappointed when we checked in, and it didn't get better.
The only redeeming aspect was breakfast. Yummm. I wish I could have slept elsewhere and eaten there.

Room Tip: Be aware rooms are up a steep flight of stairs