We have been coming to Harvey's Point for 10 years now and reckon this was visit number 10 or 11. We have stayed in Penthouse, Premium and Executive suites. A few years ago the older Courtyard Suites, which we have not stated in, were converted to the new Lakeshore Suites by doubling them in size but halving the number and converting the access walkway on the lake ward side to private verandas. During previous visit the concierge kindly showed us round one of the new suites. We decided to book one the next time we came so about three or four visits later we finally managed to get one : a Superior Lake Shore Suite. There are two of these one at either end of the building. Judging by the evacuation route drawing on the door they are about twice the size of the standard lakeshores, smaller than the Penthouse suites but I would guess bigger than the others categories in the main hotel building.
The suite has a bedroom at one end which includes a large seating area with two settees and a wide screen TV and two bedside armchairs, large wardrobe and other storage space. At the lakeshore end is the lounge, about the same size as the bed room, I am guessing about 7m by 4 or 5m. On one side there was dining table with six chairs, a sink, minibar and shelves. On the other was a coffee table with seating for about six people and another TV. The large floor to ceiling windows look across a short expanse of beautiful garden to Lough Eske and give access to the veranda. This was huge it actually extended slightly beyond the end of the building, I would say about 3m deep and 8m long. One one side was a coffee table with a settee and two arm chairs on the other a two seater dining table. We were very fortunate to get the best weather of the year so far which combined with the flowers, the early foliage on the trees, the beautifully maintained gardens, an inlet from the Lough spanned by the Lover's Bridge and Lough Eske itself with the mountains behind made the view from the veranda absolutely sublime. We used it as much as possible with breakfast one morning and one evening meal plus a few relaxing drinks and just sitting taking in the views. The veranda is covered which would give protection from rain under most circumstances.
The large bathroom is between the bedroom and lounge and has a large shower and a freestanding bath. There is also a second WC and basin on the other side of the corridor. There is a covered walk way to the main hotel building.
I cannot recommend these rooms highly enough !
The rooms are also pet friendly and give ready access to a grassy hill behind the hotel away from guests to let dogs do the necessary. They are easily big enough to accommodate the largest dog crate without it being in the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HRS and Hotels.com so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal