4,921 results
All reviews the penthouse lakeshore suite noel cunningham cookery demonstration wine tasting reading room lough eske executive room classical music jacuzzi bath sunday carvery first class attention to detail out of this world second to none turf fires lake view
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Cannot say enough praise for this place! Amazing, tranquil views from the lakeside suite balcony! Michelle at reception was exceptional in her service! I've never experienced such genuine and thoughtful caring for our comfort and enjoyment. We're Hilton vacation club owners and have always enjoyed our experience there, but Hilton ought to study Harvey's Point! Exceptional!!!
The food? Omg!!!!!!! To die for! Absolutely gorgeous!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather H
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Heather,

Thank you most sincerely for your kind compliments following your recent visit to Harvey's Point. It gives us great pleasure to welcome guests to our hotel and feedback like yours is a great source of encouragement to our entire team. We are honoured to receive such high praise from a well travelled guest such as yourself. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

Deirdre & Marc

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night and had the Sunday carvery. The bedroom was really good and we enjoyed the time there. Jacuzzi bath was perfect with a couple of very well mixed mojitos from the bar!

The carvery didn't meet the standards set by the room. First offering was vegetable soup and it was a thick blended broth. Then the starter course was from a large range buffet. Even with the amount of choice on offer I struggled to find any of the salads, hot starters or seafood really appealing. Some through the taste and others from sitting about too long and having lost a good deal of vitality. I was still able to assemble enough for myself to fill a plate.

Main course had full range of dietary options but the main event was a canteen line-up for a roast dinner of choice. Lamb, beef, turkey with ham and pork loin on offer. I opted for sirloin which was way too dry even for carvery. Next was your choice of vegetables with five variations of potatoes, roasted carrots & parsnips, turnip and carrot puree, cabbage with bacon, Yorkshire pudding and stuffing. The Yorkshire puddings were the only disappointing selection here. Would also suggest that a good addition to the vegetables could be a green one, white cabbage doesn't count. Then your choice of sauce and condiments. All the sauces were too thick and some tasted of bouillon and salt only.

Finally the dessert offering was a return to buffet action with a full range of sponge cakes, fresh crepes, fruit and lots of condiments along with ice cream too. At this stage my whole body is buckling to the demand on my guts to process the avalanche of food that has landed in it. The physical necessity to be lying down has overwhelmed my sweet tooth and with sheer will power and perseverance I manage to take a slice of blackforest gateaux, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and one marshmallow dipped in the chocolate fountain!

Needless to say the level of bloating afterwards almost hit critical mass. I did enjoy it but left feeling that a bit more tlc would have ensured better standard for the buffet courses and good sirloin should not be over done.

The breakfast next morning was a mixture of buffet hot foods, full range of meats, cheeses, cereals, fruits and dairy. There was also a menu with a range of freshly cooked dishes, eggs benedict etc. Again I fed like a medieval Prince but was much more impressed with everything at this sitting and I thoroughly enjoyed everything.

The staff are very friendly and attentive to the guests, I always felt genuine interest to guests needs and wants.

The setting and grounds are well maintained with the hotel being positioned beautifully on the lough eske shore with the sun setting in the opposite direction, west behind a mountain backdrop. It was a rare day in donegal as the sunshine bathed the hotel all day and made for a great sunset that evening.

I would prefer that a hotel of this standard had more recreational activities available, a pool etc.

Overall we had a great time. I personally wouldn't go for carvery again but I did see their main dining menu and would really like to eat and stay again sometime.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark M
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Dear Mark,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your recent experience at Harvey's Point. Please be assured that we take all guest feedback seriously and use it constructively in order to maintain and improve the high standards we set ourselves in terms of food and service.

It's good to know that you enjoyed the accommodation, hospitality and the breakfast. I have discussed your comments in relation to the Sunday Carvery Lunch offering with Chris our Head Chef. There are of course some points you refer to that we will work on. Our dedicated kitchen brigade strive for perfection in every dish.

We hope you will make plans for a return visit to sample our fine dining menu which we think will impress you. Please let me know if I personally can assist you with a future reservation.

Thank you once again for your most valuable feedback.

Deirdre

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Spent my birthday at Harvey's Point and had an absolutely amazing stay. The views over the lake are absolutely breathtaking and the rooms are fantastic! A special thanks to our bartender Kelly who provided some great ideas on places to visit and great service! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank erindoherty

Dear Erin,

Congratulations on your recent birthday and thank you for choosing Harvey's Point for the celebrations. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience.

Colm, our barman and the entire team join in sending you our warmest wishes and kind regards.

Deirdre & Marc

Reviewed 11 May 2016

I am not a person for writing reviews our family experience here was just something else that I feel it is important to share. I am came for a weekend with my parents for their birthday with our pet shitzu and stayed in the little apartments off of the hotel.

From start to finish our whole experience was nothing but exceptional. I have never experienced such open and warm hospitality. The staff were incredible from concierge, reception, housekeeping,to the bar and restaurant. The staff are a true credit to the hotel and it is obvious to see why so many guests return.

Both of our rooms were absolutely immaculate - especially considering that pets are allowed in there. (and I have OCD when it comes to cleanliness!)

The food was superb, the quality and choice for breakfast was fantastic. After dinner staff had arranged for a special dessert to celebrate the birthday occasion which was such a lovely thought.

The location itself is stunning and the views are breathtaking. We like to get out and about when travelling but we were so taken back by the hotel that we stayed indoors for the whole weekend.

The only "negative" point I have to make is that we did not stay long enough. We all left with heavy hearts on the Sunday as we absolutely LOVED it there!

I hope to return in the summer but will stay for much longer.

Five Stars all round.

Room Tip: apartments off the hotel had amazing views and a lovely patio where you can sit out! all very private
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Deirdre H

Dear Deirdre,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your recent experience at Harvey's Point. It was indeed our pleasure to welcome you.

Your kind compliments are highly appreciated by everyone here at the hotel, in particular your reference to the warm and genuine Irish hospitality. We absolutely love looking after our guests and it gives us great satisfaction and pride to receive such positive feedback on our team's efforts. We are blessed to have such wonderful staff.

We hope you will have occasion or excuse to return again sometime.

Kind regards,

The Gysling Family, Noel & Team.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

We were staying nearby and called into Harvey's point for drinks and dinner, and had the most fabulous time, special thanks to Sean and Nancy.
Sean showed us around the beautiful hotel and Nancy was first class when it came to dinner and drinks.
We are definitely coming back and booking a stay. The people are lovely.
Thanks again J&G