4,955 results
All reviews the penthouse lakeshore suite noel cunningham cookery demonstration wine tasting lough eske reading room executive room classical music jacuzzi bath sunday carvery first class attention to detail out of this world second to none turf fires lake view
Reviewed 5 March 2016

My husband and I are just back from an overnight stay in what can only be described as an amazing experience. This is a wonderful place, The staff are so welcoming and helpful. What can one say about the food other than its "to die for". We had dinner on evening of arrival . The menu offered a great choice and waiting staff were so nice with service second to none.Top marks for presentation. Breakfast next morning was superb with a great variation. We stayed in an executive room which was large, bright, warm and most comfortable with a huge bathroom with all it's comforts. Can't wait to return for a longer stay next time.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank ShannonLady
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words of praise following your recent visit to Harvey's Point. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again for a relaxing leisure break sometime soon.

In the meantime, we extend our warmest wishes and kind regards,

The Gysling Family, Noel & Team.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Harvey's Point for us is just fab. We love the place. Everything is warm and comfortable about the place and it is more than just the great staff and the fireplaces which are lit from morning to night.

The owners and management team are on the same page for sure as the place runs the same regardless of who is leading on a particular day. That is not easy accomplishment.

In this hotel I believe their secert is the mixture and warm genuine Irish hospitality with Swiss efficiency. It is a match that would be hard to compete with and for us explains their crazy positive reviews.

I am guessing the years of experience the barman have in this hotel is up over 70. Some great stories. Absolute gentlemen.

It is probably wrong to single out anyone staff member for a mention as everyone was so nice but Lucie in the dining room with her wonderful smile is just brillant. Lucie made us feel like we were at home in Harvey's but thank you all.

See you again soon.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BT_Ducky

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. You have captured the very essence of Harvey's Point. We are indeed blessed with a most amazing team, each of whom take such pride in their work, in their hotel. The customer care they deliver comes from the heart. They are are a true reflection of the best of Donegal hospitality.

I will proudly share your kind compliments with our entire Team and in particular our charming barmen and the lovely Lucie.

Deirdre

Reviewed 4 March 2016

We stayed in Harvey's Point for a two night stay last week for the first time. What a lovely treat! The staff of this hotel worked very hard from we arrived until we left to make sure we had a wonderful experience! The bedroom was superb as were many of the other areas like the reading room, the bar and the dining room. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had! This family run hotel deserves the 5 star rating I have given it. We will be back soon!
Bobby and Oonagh McCann

Room tip: Best views are in the upper floor facing Lough Eske
1  Thank Oonagh M

Dear Oonagh,

Thank you so much for your kind compliments following your visit to Harvey's Point last week. It was lovely to have you as our guests. Your five star rating is highly appreciated by everyone here at the hotel.

Please be assured that we will do our utmost to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards of hotel keeping and hospitality.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company again sometime in the not too distant future.

Deirdre, Marc & Team.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

Myself and my husband went for a short break to Harvey's Point, I don't normally write reviews, but I feel I must tell everyone who uses Trip Advisor about our experience.

I have never stayed in a more comfortable clean and pleasant surroundings, I couldn't fault anything with our weekend, and we had a Lakeshore Room that was literally right on the lake, the food and service is outstanding and I will definitely be back for another visit with my family Well Done to the owners and staff of Harvey's Point.

Room tip: Lake view rooms are beautiful I have never seen the other ones
1  Thank Noni047
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Harvey's Point. We are delighted that you were impressed by the accommodation, the food and service.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Deirdre

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Went for a midweek break with my husband wow if you want luxury this is the place to go. Room food staff could not have been better. Book ahead for a massage. Looking forward to our next visit this was our first time but not our last.

Room tip: All rooms good
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Janice R

Dear Janice R,

A warm welcome to you on your first we hope of many visits to Harvey's Point. Thank you for your kind comments which are genuinely appreciated.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being of service to you again sometime.

Deirdre, Marc & Team.