“Great stay by Lough Eske”
Review of Eas Dun Lodge

Eas Dun Lodge
Ranked #7 of 44 Donegal Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Anne and Patsy have a wonderful house with a great view over Lough Eske. Nice, tidy and cosy modern rooms, great breakfast, best Müsli I have had in B&B. The hosts are warm & friendly people and make their guest feel very welcome. The newly renovated Lough Eske Castle is just down the road, we went there for a wonderful dinner (would like to try their Spa next time) and took walks around the area and the lake. I hope I will have an opportunity to stay with them again and will definitely recommend Eas Dun Lodge to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ASTH

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed our first night in Lough Eske at the nearby Rhu Gorse, it was fully booked for the second night and Grainne the owner suggested we try her neighbour Ann at Eas Dun Lodge. Eas Dun is a modern purpose built bed and breakfast set in a magnificent location. It is also the closest B&B to Harvey’s Point hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the breakfast was very good. Ann was born in London to Irish parents and was drawn back to Donegal over 20 years ago. Eas Dun lodge is testimony to the power of a returning diaspora.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mariposa888
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My family and I stayed in this B&B only for one night because we had to move on, but it was the best accommodation in ten days that we were in Ireland. Excellent is the the best word to describe it and we were sorry that we didn't stay there for more than one night. The rooms are big and wonderfuly decorated, so much style and details. everything is perfectly clean and bright, the bathroom is big, everything looks as it is brand new. The location is great, it has excellent view over the lake. The breakfast was excellent, and last, but not less important, the owner was really friendly and nice to us. i travel a lot , but i don't often find places like this one. Thanks to owners for great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maja V
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed staying here for a couple of nights before going to a wedding at Lough Eske Castle and wished we'd stayed here for the night of the wedding too. Ann and Patsy were very friendly and were particularly enthusiastic when we asked them about local walks they could recommend. Very peaceful and overlooking Lough Eske, couldn't ask for more.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 17 August 2012

As we were going to a wedding at the nearby lough Eske castle, I was tasked with finding the accommodation.
And what a find!
Myself and two friends stayed in this glorious little oasis of peace and tranquility for 4 nights, this gave us a chance to explore Donegal before the wedding.
The owners of the Eas Dun lodge are a lovely couple called Anne and Patsy for whom nothing was too much bother.
On arrival Patsy gave us a tour of the house, and made us feel very welcome. Throughout our stay both Anne and Patsy were always helpful and friendly - but without being intrusive.
By the end of our stay we felt like family and were sad to leave!
The rooms were spacious, spotless and modern, tastefully decorated with stunning views and some lovely little touches - such as the kit Kat's along with the tea and coffee.
My two friends stayed in the room in the photo. My room, number 6, was equally as lovely.
I have been raving about Anne's breakfasts since I got back. Lots to choose from, my favourite being the Irish breakfast with my bacon done crispy, I only had to say it once and Anne remembered. Impressive in my book! A previous review mentioned no white pudding, I am certain if they had of mentioned that's what they wanted, then Anne and Patsy would have had it for them the next morning.
On the day of the wedding, Patsy insisted on driving us down to Lough Eske Castle - too far to walk in heels! Didn't hear of any other B&B owners doing this for their guests!
The only thing that might bother some is that it's a little bit off the beaten track. It certainly didn't bother us. There are lovely walks to go on - ask to borrow Millie the family dog, she's a pleasure to walk. If your into cycling there are plenty routes around the Lough. And the scenery is spectacular. Donegal town is only a couple of minutes drive away.
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay. A huge thank you to Anne and Patsy. Keep doing what your doing!
Will definitely come and stay again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends