All reviews stayed here triangle alfie diamond ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Donegal is a busy town with lots of tourist looking for a good lunch / meal. The House Gator Pub will meet your requirements for truly authentic Irish food. The vegetable soup was outstanding as was the Guinness beer. Bread. Really can’t go wrong and the people serving you are very friendly and comforting.

Room tip: This is a PUB not hotel...great food.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

One of Donegal's newest restaurants, the House manages to dish out some very fine food in the mid+ price range. Their lamb ia to die for and their deserts are good too. I will be going back as will my colleagues!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Second time to eat in this gastro pub, very very good,service is lovely ,prompt and friendly not gushing,fish and chips are great,have also sampled starters and veggie main courses all very good.Guinness is good as are the gins.would definitely recommend this pub central to everything in Donegal Town.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

The staff here are sweet and helpful. My room was small, as pictured but faced the street so was noisy. I booked a private bathroom but it was shared which was fine for the most part. On one occasion my towels were removed from the bathroom and not replaced. I asked and was given a new set. I placed a sign in the washroom indicating that it was being used and that towels should be left as they were. A few days later my towels were once again removed and not replaced. My personal toiletry items were also removed and some were put into the garbage. I guess I got what I paid for. It is more like a hostel than anything and I just wish I'd had a bit more respect as a guest.

Room tip: Rooms facing street are noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Check in was great. Gerrard was friendly and said hi whenever we met on the street. Staff were helpful. Location is great. It's within 5 minute walk of everything in town.

When I booked I selected a single room with private external bathroom. It turns out it was shared by others. I believe the kitchen staff may have used it but also I know guests,eith ensures used it too.

On my 2nd day there I noticed the towels I was using had been removed from the bathroom and not replaced. I put a note on the mirror to please leave the towels as they are being used.

On my 3rd day the towels were once again removed and not replaced. My soap (which is high quality, natural soap) had been taken along with my shampoo. It turns out the soap had been thrown away and the shampoo and diap dish saved in a closet. A staff member offered to ho buy me new soap.

The room is tiny. I knew it would be small but I can touch both walls. Its noisy as it faces the,street and its hit.

It feels like a hostel so I guess that explains the price. I have never been so excited to leave a place

Trip type: Travelled solo