“Comfortable, great value, choice of superb breakfasts, very child friendly.”
Review of The Gap Lodge

The Gap Lodge
Ranked #11 of 43 Donegal Town B&B and Inns
“Comfortable, great value, choice of superb breakfasts, very child friendly.”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stayed a week and it was 10 out of 10 great.
A perfect base for setting out each day to see the beautiful countryside of Donegal.
Located just 10km out the road from Donegal Town, in a picturesque gap between hills.
Very child friendly and Sile made us feel most welcome, the breakfasts were grade A and set us up for the day. I have already recommended The Gap Lodge B&B to friends!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mullingar
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This is amongst the best of B&B's we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in many.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobanUrs
ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I have recently stayed in the Gap Lodge, Donegal. Propietor Sile Callaghan.I was enjoying a few days holiday in Donegal and stayed for 5 nights at athe Gap Lodge.This bed and breakfast I would reccommend to anyone .The Hospitality by Sile and her family was second to none. I got a great Irish welcome and I got allocated a spacious room en-suite TV telephone and all the facilities necessary. I could have chosen a hotel nearby but I am so glad I choose the Gap Lodge. The setting is absoutely beautiful right in the centre of barnesmore gap , beside Lough Eske with breathtaking views.
I have travelled to many places throughout Europe viewing Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts and I can say without hesitation. The Gap Lodge is the best in Donegal.
Breakfast was superb.
I arrived as a stranger and I hope left as a friend . Will definetely be back.
Nearest Town Donegal Town Plenty to do .

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Takapuna, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 September 2008

This B&B was a good price and an excellent stop-over on our road trip around Ireland. Sheila was very welcoming. The room was clean and spacious. The house was situated on a busy main road but our room was at the back of the house so I couldn't hear any road traffic. The location was great for a walk in the evenings. It was a bit of a trek to Donegal so a car was essential.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank bohemian_traveller
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Wanted a B&B near Donegal but not in town. The Gap Lodge worked perfectly. Sheila Callahan, the owner, is a wonderful, pleasant woman and eager to provide any assistance or information. Lodgings are simple and clean. It is right on the N15 highway and the front rooms (where we stayed) can hear the road noise, but my husband and I use earplugs and it wasn't a problem. If that sort of thing bothers you, ask for a room facing on the back. Breakfast was well prepared and the brown bread is absolutely delicous.

• Liked — The owner, Sheila Callahan
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple