“Glorious golf”

Ballyliffin Golf Club
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Don't be mislead by the title, my golf was anything but glorious. The courses however were magnificent. Not a lot to choose between the two courses though the old links is slightly shorter and probably a little easier. You get right down to the coast and the scenery is fantastic too.

The locals described the weather as exceptional, which I'd agree with, horizon to horizon blue skies and apparently very rare. Friendly, welcoming and a magnificent golf challenge. Give it a go, you won't regret it

John F, Manager at Ballyliffin Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Thank you- glad you enjoyed it!
Blue skies are the norm here!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Out tour group dropped in for lunch yesterday. It was very good and service was fast. The views across the golf course to the Irish Coast were lovely.

John F, Manager at Ballyliffin Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Reviewed 11 May 2016

This is really top class!

I played the Glashedy links on a clear cold day..with enough breeze to keep you honest .

The course was in great condition...greens were fast but fair..AND...the scenery is simply magnificent ..on the high tees you can see for miles out to the Atlantic.

The Glashedy links was designed by Pat Ruddy and Tom Craddock and simlpy flows through the magnificent dunes.

Lovely clubhouse with very friendly staff...fees were very reasonable.

Liked it so much I even " bought the t-shirt!"

My only regret is that I didn't stay the extra day to try out the Old Course .

I WILL be back

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Played the Glashedy Course on a windy cold day with a little rain to make it more interesting. the course is beautiful and you spend time looking rather than hitting the ball but the caddies were very good and we finished quickly and enjoyed both the golf and the Guinness!

John F, Manager at Ballyliffin Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Thank you Jim- glad you enjoyed- spread the word.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

My friends and I wanted to play it the Irish wind to test our abilities. Be careful what you wish for, we had 85 km/hr winds. I shot 23 strokes over my handicap and cheated every hole.

The scenery is amazing, we played both courses over two days.
what an experience