“Gorgeous course...beautiful scenery”

Ballyliffin Golf Club
Reviewed 11 May 2016

This is really top class!

I played the Glashedy links on a clear cold day..with enough breeze to keep you honest .

The course was in great condition...greens were fast but fair..AND...the scenery is simply magnificent ..on the high tees you can see for miles out to the Atlantic.

The Glashedy links was designed by Pat Ruddy and Tom Craddock and simlpy flows through the magnificent dunes.

Lovely clubhouse with very friendly staff...fees were very reasonable.

Liked it so much I even " bought the t-shirt!"

My only regret is that I didn't stay the extra day to try out the Old Course .

I WILL be back

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Played the Glashedy Course on a windy cold day with a little rain to make it more interesting. the course is beautiful and you spend time looking rather than hitting the ball but the caddies were very good and we finished quickly and enjoyed both the golf and the Guinness!

John F, Manager at Ballyliffin Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Thank you Jim- glad you enjoyed- spread the word.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

My friends and I wanted to play it the Irish wind to test our abilities. Be careful what you wish for, we had 85 km/hr winds. I shot 23 strokes over my handicap and cheated every hole.

The scenery is amazing, we played both courses over two days.
what an experience

Reviewed 9 October 2015

If you could choose, would you rather wait around for 5 hours, watching other people take practice swings and putt in the distance ahead of you...OR would you perhaps prefer to enjoy the round of golf at the pace you are your golfing partner(s) choose, hitting your shots when you are ready and walking at your own pace?

The answer to the question, put this way, is a no-brainer to me and to many others, except that normally golf courses are like restaurants, the crowded ones are the ones that offer the best combination of quality and price.

If you sit reading up on this wondering if you should go to Ballyliffin or, say, Ballybunion on your next trip, it is also a no-brainer!

Ballyliffin is as good as the best in Ireland (I have played all the top 10 ranked ones...), as scenic as the best (Royal County Down, included) costs a lot less and best of all, is possible to play when you want to, not when they say you can!

What are you waiting for ?

3  Thank Ex-expat-1964
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We played the old course, and we were lucky with the weather! Unbelievable setting, great course, fantastic greens. A must play if staying nearby. Food was first class, made very welcome throughout.

2  Thank DaveChammings