“good quality food, worth the price”
Review of Market Lane

Market Lane
Ranked #7 of 728 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Market Lane is an award winning restaurant and bar over two floors that offers great food, amazing value and friendly service always. Where possible we use ingredients from The English Market and local artisan producers to make up our menu which has a wide range of fish, salads, meat, game and sandwiches, in addition to coeliac and vegetarian dishes and a healthy kids menu. We brew our own beer next door, have a coffee blend exclusive to us and use herbs from our greenhouse. Take a virtual tour or make a booking on our website.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's the only place I ate in Cork City that had really good food. I had the Castletownbere hake and it was prepared to perfection. The service was very good as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,510)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have eaten lunch here on a few occasions but this was my first evening visit. The place was buzzing when we arrived at 8:15. We were promptly seated and had drinks order taken. Two of us had the fish pie while the third had steak. The fish pie was delicious. Steak beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. Desserts menu is extensive if a bit pricey. A great evening and we will certainly be back!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Can't decide if I enjoyed the food or service more. For only a fraction more cost than the local pubs you get excellent restaurant food in a friendly relaxed atmosphere.
The menu had great choices and portions were really good. The food was high quality, tasted great and was presented we'll.
The staff were all so friendly,attentive and we just loved our dinner here.
We only had two nights in Cork and I wished we had come here first because then I'd definitely have come back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We are very picky but we did not find anything to say !
Food was delicious, the staff was really nice, kind and discrete. The design of the place is really cute.
Superb experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A quiet Wednesday night in Cork....
So I was surprised when we went in the front door to a packed restaurant... maybe the hype was spot on??
We were guided to the bar to wait for a table as we didn't make a reservation in advance, although before we had even got our drinks we were taken to our table.
I went for the pork belly and the fillet steak which was a great choice. The food was amazing, We both raved about our food it was beautiful. Service too was brilliant with a very attentive and friendly waitress giving us some recommendations for a few drinks in the locality after our meal.
Not sure when I will be out for a meal in Cork again but I will absolutely return to the Amazing Market Lane when I do.
The Hype was spot on!!!! Great spot