“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2012

great food, nice environment, excellent service and good value.
well done Star Anise, see you again soon...

2  Thank TheTippTwins

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I wanted a light yet savory salad for lunch and that is exactly what I got!

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My Husband and I took 2 friens to the Star as a birthday treat. The welcome was lovely and the food great. As we explained when booking we were going to the Theatre, therefore the service was super. Could not have asked for better. Looking forward to our next trip to the Cork City so we can again dine there.
A great place to eat at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I dined in Star anise this evening with my girlfriend. Our second time there, we were greeted with a very warm welcome and the owner had remembered us from our first visit 2 months ago...
The early bird menu had great choice, the a la carte sounded very impressive and the specials were seasonal and suited to a cold November evening! it took us a while to choose! The food is prepared with care and there's attention given to the finer details. Chowder which was not too heavy, seasoned well and with plenty of fish was a lovely starter to warm me up.. followed by cod, with carrots Vichy, crunchy green beans and the nicest black olive tapenade ive ever had! ... delish'!

service was flawless, value for money was very good, nice atmosphere... very relaxing evening with great food. what more would you want...

next time i wont drive, i wanna enjoy the wine too!

1  Thank honest_Guy1275
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The food is brilliant as is the service - would recommend a visit to this little gem

1  Thank bailyhowth