“Perfect, & for a Tough Group”
Review of Strasbourg Goose

Strasbourg Goose
Ranked #25 of 714 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We’re on a family vacation with 8 adults & 2 kids, so you can imagine the chaos. We were fortunate to get a same day reservation at 6 or 9. We were worried about 9 pm, but we went with it and it turned out wonderfully. The staff is incredibly friendly, funny, patient, & helpful. The food & dessert were wonderful - get the mussels & banoffee pie!!!! The ambiance & music were delightful. Thanks for our best meal experience so far on this trip!

Triona K, Owner at Strasbourg Goose, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The Strasbourg Goose provides a great meal for a very reasonable price. I wish I had another night in Cork so I could eat there again. I ordered the Filet that had a 10 euro supplement to the fixed price of the meals. Cooked perfectly with a large portion of side dishes. A friend had chicken curry that he said was very good. Dinner comes with an appetizer. Each of us had different thing and we all thought that they were great.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Myself and a friend went to this restaurant after hearing so much good feedback...and I am glad we visited. Excellent dining experience from start to finish. Food was excellent and fantastic value. Staff extremely friendly and attentive. I'll be returning soon. Thanks.

Triona K, Owner at Strasbourg Goose, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Small restaurant with s quirky decor and staff. Went there two nights, excellent food and very reasonable prices. I recommend the lamb shank.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I have reviewed this establishment previously 2 years ago and have dined here often since during which time my opinion has changed little. Booking is advised as this is a small restaurant and walk in tables are rare with more to do with luck than anything else.
The service is still excellent with the owner and waiter very willing to converse to and have a bit of banter with the diners whilst in no way intruding on their dining experience.
I as a diner like vegetables with my meal and have noted that most restaurants now serve little or no veg due to the cost of disposal as mostly diners don't eat them, so I like that this restaurant offers the option to order extra vegetables separately so as to complement or indeed match your meal with accompanying vegetables of your choice at very reasonable cost.
The quality of the two course meal at € 19 is superb value, I don't believe you could produce it at home for the cost and you certainly couldn't match the quality of the meal which is outstanding.
We eat a lot of fish and the fish dishes in particular at the Stradford Goose are second to none. I have deducted 1 star as we did have to ask for a number of things like desert menu and bill a few times from one of the waiters which never arrived, before we simply gave up and asked someone else, also the crab cake whilst very tasty, the crab itself was very overpowered with cumin, which we noted to the waiter and would have assumed that we would get an apology.
That said, it is still to be highly recommended and is well worth a visit. so go ahead and treat yourself you will not be disappointed.

Triona K, Owner at Strasbourg Goose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018