“Worthwhile!”

Ranked #262 of 656 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$18 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Captain Americas brought the original burger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then it has continued to serve good quality American style food at great value prices. Home to the famous Captain Americas hamburger and mouth watering flame grilled steaks, there is something for everyone on the menu. Captain Americas offers the most attractive lunch deals in town & the early bird menu is a great way to start every night out. Captain Americas has branches on Grafton St, Blanchardstown and in Cork City. All our restaurants are fully licensed and we have a great selection of cocktails, beers & wines for you to choose from. Over the years we have collected hundreds of pieces of memorabilia from visiting Irish and international stars such as U2, Colin Farrell, Westlife, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. Our memorabilia museum creates a unique and interesting atmosphere in the restaurants. We take reservations for groups, please look at our bookings page for further information or call us on the number listed below. Open 7 days a week
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Fantastic for a lunch especially with the great lunch menu! Had a chicken wrap: very large portions with free drink! Perfect for families and students! Highly recommend!!

PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for the positive review, always happy to hear from another happy customer. look forward to having you back in with us

There are newer reviews for Captain Americas

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The food here is great and the portions are large. I usually get a burger when I'm here. I've eaten here a few times in the past year

Hi Andrew H,

Always good to hear great comments on our food & I have past on your review to our kitchen staff. Look forward to having you back in with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The food and service are great. Very friendly staff. The music playing was also good and not too loud. Very busy, clearly popular.

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi DylanGLC B

Thanks for the great review always good to hear from another happy customer. I will pass your comments onto all the staff, looking forward to having you back in with us.

Kind Regards
Jon

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Stumbled in here as a last minute decision and it wasn't a great choice to be honest. I can think of 10 other restaurants within walking distance that do better burgers, pizzas etc. I really don't know what the appeal is here.

In fairness the place was packed full of students. But again, this is confusing as it's not cheap. The staff were friendly enough and that's the only good thing I can say.

However, what's really annoying is that the staff are obviously primed by management to try and get extras and sides ordered. I had fajitas and I was asked did I want some cheese with it. I said of course. Another at our table was asked if she wanted some guacamole with her enchilada. Was fuming when we were charged a Euro each per portion when the bill came. This is crazy stuff. Needless to say we won't be back.

Hi DamightyQ

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal with us and will pass on your review to the head chef. The staff are expected to upsell when possible but you should have been informed of any extra charges so for that I do appologise. I am happy however that you found the staff friendly and hope to have you back in with us.

Kind Regards
Jon

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Great food, superb customer service. I'd recommend it to all of my friends and I would definitely return again

PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hi Aidan,

Delighted to see you found our food 'great' & service 'superb'. It's always nice to receive positive comments & I have passed on your review to our staff.
Look forward to having you & your friends back into the restaurant soon.