“Great restaurant”

Ranked #261 of 657 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$18 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Captain Americas brought the original burger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then it has continued to serve good quality American style food at great value prices. Home to the famous Captain Americas hamburger and mouth watering flame grilled steaks, there is something for everyone on the menu. Captain Americas offers the most attractive lunch deals in town & the early bird menu is a great way to start every night out. Captain Americas has branches on Grafton St, Blanchardstown and in Cork City. All our restaurants are fully licensed and we have a great selection of cocktails, beers & wines for you to choose from. Over the years we have collected hundreds of pieces of memorabilia from visiting Irish and international stars such as U2, Colin Farrell, Westlife, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. Our memorabilia museum creates a unique and interesting atmosphere in the restaurants. We take reservations for groups, please look at our bookings page for further information or call us on the number listed below. Open 7 days a week
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The food and service are great. Very friendly staff. The music playing was also good and not too loud. Very busy, clearly popular.

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi DylanGLC B

Thanks for the great review always good to hear from another happy customer. I will pass your comments onto all the staff, looking forward to having you back in with us.

Jon

There are newer reviews for Captain Americas

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Stumbled in here as a last minute decision and it wasn't a great choice to be honest. I can think of 10 other restaurants within walking distance that do better burgers, pizzas etc. I really don't know what the appeal is here.

In fairness the place was packed full of students. But again, this is confusing as it's not cheap. The staff were friendly enough and that's the only good thing I can say.

However, what's really annoying is that the staff are obviously primed by management to try and get extras and sides ordered. I had fajitas and I was asked did I want some cheese with it. I said of course. Another at our table was asked if she wanted some guacamole with her enchilada. Was fuming when we were charged a Euro each per portion when the bill came. This is crazy stuff. Needless to say we won't be back.

Hi DamightyQ

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal with us and will pass on your review to the head chef. The staff are expected to upsell when possible but you should have been informed of any extra charges so for that I do appologise. I am happy however that you found the staff friendly and hope to have you back in with us.

Jon

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Great food, superb customer service. I'd recommend it to all of my friends and I would definitely return again

PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hi Aidan,

Delighted to see you found our food 'great' & service 'superb'. It's always nice to receive positive comments & I have passed on your review to our staff.
Look forward to having you & your friends back into the restaurant soon.
Kind Regards,
David Busteed

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I am commenting because i have worked in restaurants for years and know what it was like working on busy days like paddy's, The place was amazing seemed to be running like clock work. Busy but flowing!
we went in with our 2 children after the parade! we had no booking, madness i know but we went in anyway to chance it. It was up the walls we had to wait about 10 min which we were told when we arrived and to be fair i have to say we were sat i 8 min. Our order was taken pretty fast. I was shocked given how busy it was how fast our drinks came and our food followed quickly too. The kids were thrilled with the pizza i had the Nachos they were so nice and plenty there, my fiance had the enchiladas he thought they were only okay but he would try something else next time all the food was piping hot. Our desserts were delicious best brownie i've had in awhile to be honest. Thanks guys.
We will be back!!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you & your family enjoyed your visit in to us on St. Patricks Day & that all our hard work didn't go unnoticed.
I would have to agree with you about the brownie's being 'delicious' as I do treat myself to the odd brownie from time to time. On the otherhand, it was shame your fiance only found our enchiladas okay, but if he likes chicken dishes I would suggest our Cajun Chicken burger next time he is in, as it proves to be very popular amongst our customers.
Thanks again for the feedback (which has been passed on to all our staff) & look forward to having you back in with us again.
Kind Regards,
David Busteed

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner with two friends and never been so sick after a meal. Two of us got the chicken fajitas and another friend got chicken goujons ! Everything is about money in this restaurant, we only got two tortillas and asked for another one and was informed it would be 50c extra! No member of staff even came around to check was everything ok or not ! Later on that evening we all felt unwell and were getting sick ! I wouldn't advice this place to anyone.

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi Catriona

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent visit to our Cork branch. The issues you have raised are taken very seriously and I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly so that I can investigate the matter further. cork@captainamericas.com
021 427 8972