“Amazing”
Review of Ambassador Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Ambassador Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 5 February 2012

A personal favourite of mine and a restaurant in which I have spent many family occasions! Food is always amazing! Staff are so friendly and efficient. Perfect setting for any meal! I highly recommend this restaurant, best Chinese restaurant in Cork in my opinion!!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We called in to the Ambassador to celebrate Chinese New Year. It was,as usual, a fantastic experience. Food and service was excellent. Norman,the celebrity waiter, was in top form. Everyone dining that night seemed to be having a great time. The restaurant was really busy but the whole place ran like clockwork. The crispy pork knuckle was MEMORABLE.

2  Thank Grassrooyer
Reviewed 4 February 2012

If you're looking for a Chinese experience in Cork I'd recommend the Ambassador. Unlike other Chinese restaurants in the city, the restaurant itself is spotless, the service fantastic and the food is cooked well without the greasiness you find at other restaurants.

Upon arrival we were greeted like welcome guests rather than paying customers- our coats taken, we were shown to our seats- a warmly lit room with crisp white table linen. Our waiter asked us about the weather outside and what we had been up to for the evening, nice and friendly. We ordered from the a la carte menu but they also have options for those on a budget for around €25 pp. They also have a wine of the month at a reasonably priced €20.

Our food was great- we got the house special collection to start and a chicken and fish dish for the main- both were outstanding. One draw back could be the amount of food- they give very generous portions!..Best not to eat for a couple of hours before hand! The wine list was impressive, with every taste and budget catered for.

As for the atmosphere- the place was hopping it was so busy, always a good sign, especially in a recession! They obviously have a very good reputation and repeat business. Our waiter Norman went out of his way to make sure that we were satisfied both with the food and the service. His sister Linda (it's a family business) and himself appeared on first name terms with most of the people in the restaurant, confirming our suspicion that this place is Cork's best kept secret!

The gratuity was completely at our own discretion- something we didn't have a problem with and to be honest felt was in keeping with the economic conditions in Ireland at the moment- nothing worse than going for a meal and paying for poor service via a charge. All in all, the food was great, the service better and the personal touch of Linda and Norman literally helping us put on our coats and wishing us goodnight made our experience in the Ambassador one of our better dining experiences in the city of Cork!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

ALWAYS very good quality and delicious food. Lovely atmosphere and staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I recently went for dinner at the Ambassador restaurant in Cork. This was not my first visit but I must admit I had not been there for a while. The Head Waiter I believe his name is "Norman" was so professional and friendly he really made it a great experience. He went out of his way to suggest various dishes which I would normally never venture to try. The food was excellent and the staff are so attentive I think a lot of restaurants in Cork could take a leaf out of their book.