1,547 results
All reviews springboard restaurant the river outdoor pool lovely hotel thermal suite city centre afternoon tea top class eggs benedict steam room waiting staff lovely room a lovely stay breakfast was excellent from start to finish stayed one night reception area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was fabulous from check-in to check-out there was nothing we could fault. The room was large, well designed and spotless. It had everything you could want including bottled water and biscuits. There is a swimming pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs and a lovely spa. The breakfast was great a huge variety of choices and the service was excellent. There was music in the bar on the Saturday night which was very good. The staff were so helful and friendly especially Darren who made our stay so enjoyable. We would highly recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to returning in the near future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirl0
Fergal H, General Manager at The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Shirl0,

What a wonderful review.

We are all extremely grateful for your feedback, which I will take pleasure in passing on to our entire team. It's fantastic for everyone here to see their hard work and commitment to excellent customer service complimented so eloquently and enthusiastically!

I appreciate you highlighting Darren's positive contribution to your enjoyment of your stay. Although he has worked with us for some time, Darren has only recently moved into this particular role. We were anxious to find someone who would concentrate mainly on welcoming and getting to know our guests during their stay and we felt Darren fitted the bill. I'm glad to report that this is proving to be the case and, like you, lots of our guests are commenting on his friendly demeanour and helpful attitude.

Many thanks for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel and nice staff . Unfortunately the dinner menu in restaurant only had one vegetarian option we all had to have pizza . Not what you would expect for a hotel like this i would expect more from a pub menu . Had mentioned when I was booking that their was 3 vegetarians in the group But there was still nothing available to us only what was on the menu . I would not stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Fergal H, General Manager at The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear keith w,

Thanks for your review.

Although we were obviously very disappointed to receive a one star review in relation to an issue that should have been so simple to resolve, we genuinely appreciate feedback of all sorts as it helps to generate internal debate on how we can improve.

As you know, one of my colleagues has been in touch with you since and I believe he explained that we do in fact have a number of vegetarian options on our menus. I accept they may not have been explained or offered to you by our staff on the evening in question and I sincerely apologise for this failure on our part if this was the case. We have also now started adding a vegetarian option to our specials board each evening in order to enhance the offering.

To expand on the point for other readers of your review and my response, I'm happy to confirm that if requested, we are always open to the possibility of providing something from the kitchen that may not appear on our menus if we have it in stock and can prepare it in time.

Thanks again and please don't hesitate to contact me directly on fergalharte@thekingsley.ie if you wish.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel, staff were great, breakfast very good, loads of choice. Room was very good but it could do with better lighting for makeup application and also the room was very warm so I found it difficult to sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mobile53002735183,

Thanks for choosing to stay at The Kingsley and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I was glad to see that you were pleased with the hotel generally and the staff, breakfast and bedroom in particular.

I noted and accept your constructive criticism of the layout of your bedroom. I'm not sure which one you were in, but the lighting is certainly an issue in a number of our rooms at the moment. It's something we're planning to address in a refurbishment program encompassing the majority of our rooms, which is scheduled to start early next year.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and the fact that you had trouble sleeping due to the heat. The heating is a little more subjective and it's especially difficult to get right at this time as we approach the colder winter months. We keep it under review constantly though and we use feedback like yours to increase or decrease it as necessary.

Thanks again and I hope you'll return to the hotel in future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel. Lovely room. Great staff and very professional, slick and welcoming check in by Natalia. I see lots of hotels, staff and bad experiences. Went the extra mile. Definitely the opposite because of her. Thank you.
And a thank you to JP and Sabu. You guys are awesome

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear mjrbest,

Thanks a million for your fantastic review of your recent stay.

We're thrilled to know you were so impressed and that you were well looked after by our excellent team of people who constantly go out of their way to provide special and memorable experiences for our guests. I'll take pleasure in ensuring that Natalia, JP and Sabu are made aware of your kind comments, and indeed the rest of the staff around the hotel.

I hope you'll decide to return soon and make us your hotel of choice for the Cork area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a second time on a recent trip to Cork and it's still as fantastic as ever. From arrival, where you're greeted by professional friendly Staff, to the top class breakfast the following morning, a masterclass in how a hotel should operate. Spotlessly clean with the city just a short taxi ride away or, if like me, you prefer to get a bit of exercise in, a 20 minute brisk walk. All in all, a wonderful experience and I will definitely be back again!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pajoe2013

Dear Pajoe2013,

Wow, what a fabulous review!

We were absolutely charmed by it. We're very proud of the hotel and its reputation. As such, it's always a true pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback from our guests. I'm delighted to know you were so impressed by the facilities and staff, and, most importantly, that you enjoyed your visit so much.

Many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.