All reviews cork city lovely hotel leisure centre bar restaurant coffee machine on arrival lovely touch night porter steep hill from start to finish would highly recommend this hotel top class stayed for one night two night stay reception staff last weekend a lovely stay
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had booked into the imperial hotel for our girly weekend that we had been planning for years and never gotten around to. We were told that our room wasn’t ready (understandable as we were there at 12) we left our bags and went shopping. Returning back to the hotel they informed us that they could no longer accommodate so due to some difficulties. Which later turned out to be an over booking !! They were however, nice about offering complimentary dinner and taxis to the Montenotte which was over ten minutes away. A bit of a disappointment as we booked the imperial for its convention location. What we took as an annoyance and an inconvenience turned out to be a blessing in disguise. From the minute we walked into reception we were greeting by a charming gentleman named Eoghan, who made us feel so welcome. You would never think he was only in training! He definitely gets the seal of approval from us! It was honestly such a friendly environment and it truely felt like all the staff were just one big family welcoming you into there home. We went up to see the spa where a lovely lady showed us around and let us try on their hand cream which smelt Devine!! At dinner we were waited on by a young lady named meabh who was very attentive and even endeavored to find the ingredients for a requested cocktail we had. Very friendly and very helpful. I have to say we found it to be a haven in disguise and felt like we were in a home from home relaxing on the terrace with the cozy blanket provided. We didn’t want to move! Would highly highly recommend to anyone looking for a trip to cork even if it is a little bit out of the way.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Tara T, Manager at The Montenotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Sinead,

Many thanks for such a pleasant review. We are delighted we made light of a stressful situation and were able to turn your Cork experience around. Eoghan is an amazing member of The Front Office Team and he will be delighted to see he made such an impact on your arrival experience. Panorama is a unique restaurant and we are glads you received the service we strive for.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I've stayed at this hotel many times and have had another great stay. The hotel rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was excellent and there's a great choice too for breakfast. The hotel has a wonderful outdoor space and the view of Cork City from the large seated balcony is spectacular. So as you can see, I do like this hotel, but the best part of it is the staff. From reception to housekeeping to restaurant and barstaff, they are a credit to the hotel, genuinely friendly and always going out of their way to make sure guests are happy. Thank you all and see you again soon. Des C

Room Tip: Just Enjoy
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dezc945

Dear Dezc945,

Thank you so much for yet another amazing review. It is quite easy to make a guest happy when they are as pleasant as yourself. I can say first hand you are thought very highly of by all the staff here at The Montenotte. The staff will be delighted to see your kind words and I will bring your review to their attention.

As always we look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I visited this spa last week and I had the best facial with fabulous results.
My skin felt revived and the therapist added ingredients to my skin that worked wonders, I will be rebooking my Dermaviduals very soon, it's the prefect combination of relaxing facial with results to follow and all staff very professional and welcoming.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Tara T, Manager at The Montenotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear NMCIreland,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our spa.
I am thrilled to see your enjoyed your treatment with us we do have an incredible team in our Spa & they will be delighted to hear of your praise.

Indeed the dermaviduals facial is a must try, you wont be sorry.
We will see you very soon no doubt.

Kind regards,
Tara Thornton
Reception & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I stayed here for two nights in May for a work trip and was very impressed. The rooms are large, luxurious and incredibly comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Views from the Panorama Bistro and Terrance are really incredible - try to get here around sunset to get the view as night falls and the city lights up. I unfortunately didn't have time to visit the spa but have heard from colleagues who stayed there before that it's excellent. A superb experience overall, I'll definitely return for a personal trip.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear NEgan77,

Many thanks for such a kind review. We are thrilled to see that our newly refurbished rooms are living up to the expectations. I will pass your kind words regarding our staff on. The views from Panorama are out of this world and i agree that everyone needs to see the sunset from here as its absolutely breathtaking.

WE look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hopefully you will get to use our recently opened spa.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but felt I had to after visiting the montenotte hotel. Absolutely superb hotel. Best experience and undoubtedly one of the best hotels in cork. Whether you are with family or friends, it caters for all. The food is amazing and at really good value. The spa is one of my favourites. The decor is amazing and it's really a comfortable hotel that you don't want to leave. Friendly and efficient staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Joy H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at The Montenotte Hotel. We are ecstatic to see you were impressed across the board. Our spa team will be delighted to hear your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.