All reviews city centre comfortable room a nice place to stay the location is perfect within walking distance busy road cork university guest house breakfast was delicious three nights enjoyable stay night stay ucc ensuite
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed here for one night, and found Achill House to be clean, comfortable and good value for money. Just what we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

When we looked at our Lonely Planet map it seemed like this B&B would be far away. But Cork is a small city! Achill House is a quick walk from the bus station if you don't have too much luggage, and a very short walk from the city centre.
The house was spotless, with brand new fixtures in the small but sparkling bathroom. It seemed perfectly secure and we had a quiet sleep. We paid 70 Euro for room only (a few weeks before high season started). The landlady was laidback and very helpful with advice about other attractions. We were lucky to find this spot!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My partner and I stayed at Achill House for 2 nights for the Cork Jazz Festival on a room only basis.

On arrival we were greeted by Helena who showed us to our room. The room was cozy and spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better. Just 10 minutres walk to the center of Cork and also very handy for the bus stop for the airport shuttle.

Throughout our stay, Helena made us feel very welcome.She is a lovely genuine lady and nothing is too much trouble.

Would we return, most definitely! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I had orginally booked in to stay with another B and B but found that it was no very desirable.

I stumbled into achill house by acident when a very nice lady- Helena gave me a warm welcome.

The room was well kept, cleaned every day and breakfast was always served very promptly. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My husband, daughter and I had a lovely stay at Achill House. The location was excellent, the room clean and quiet and the food was very good. We will definitely stay there next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family