7 people are viewing this hotel
Official SiteUS$247
PricelineUS$247
HurbUS$255
4,755 results
All reviews the executive lounge city centre great hotel modern hotel english market top class bar and restaurant car park would highly recommend this hotel fantastic stay breakfast was excellent yogurt scones ireland gym ucc university
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

My partner and I first stayed at The River Lee in July 2021. I can't honestly remember ever enjoying a night away as much. From the moment we arrived we just felt so comfortable and welcome. The room was great but for both of us it was Max in the restaurant that made everything so much more enjoyable. Such an absolute gem.
We enjoyed that trip so much and talked about it so often that we went back again to celebrate Valentines and we were delighted to bump into Max again. As per the last time, he made our evening so special. All the staff that evening were fab, especially Niamh & Tom.
Our most recent visit was slightly more random. We were walking past on our way to another engagement and literally just couldn't pass without going in. We we thrilled to catch up with Max and Tom who left us with the very charming Rueben for a sneaky drink in the bar.
I can't rate the staff highly enough, between the service to the absolute craic they provide. I don't know who the hiring manager is but they deserve a raise!!
No matter the occasion, this is where we will be doing all our celebrations and overnight trips to Cork.
The rooms are great, the food is amazing, but for us the staff and the atmosphere are the absolute winners here, very hard to find a comparison.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AverylC1
Kevin Nelligan, Guest Services / Front Office at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Dear Averyl C,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review of your visit to The River Lee.

It was an enormous pleasure to have you visit us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and you were made feel welcome. Our staff are the corner stone of our hotel and I shall pass on your sincere thoughts to Max, Niamh, Tom & Rueben, who are fantastic ambassadors for our hotel.

We are genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2022

I had the pleasure of staying at The River Lee for a work trip to Cork. I stayed for 4 nights and can’t say I have a single complaint. My first night, I ordered room service and had a tasty hamburger and fries. The food was delicious and the service was prompt! I enjoyed breakfast each morning at the hotel and overall the food and service was good. I had the pleasure of eating at The River Club Bar & Terrace, and I enjoyed everything! The drinks were great, the food was fantastic and of course, the service was superb. While all the staff was helpful, I have to give special recognition to Peterson. He always greeted me with a warm smile—and was exceptionally kind and welcoming. Thanks to everyone at this hotel for making a stressful work trip a bit more pleasurable. I look forward to returning there soon!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear ATXSoloTraveler,

It was an enormous pleasure to have you visit us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and you were made feel welcome. Our staff are the corner stone of our hotel and I shall pass on your sincere thoughts to Peterson, who is a fantastic ambassador for our hotel.

Reviewed 2 August 2022

We had a great night on Sunday at the bar at The River Lee Hotel, Luni our bar man was so kind and knowledgeable and his advice on whiskey, cocktails and other spirits was very much appreciated, we thoroughly enjoyed our night and it was made all the better by the wonderful staff, the beautiful decor and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Thanks for a great night from a recently engaged couple celebrating in style ☺

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear B D

It was an enormous pleasure to have you visit us on the special occasion of your engagement and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and you were made feel welcome. Our staff are the corner stone of our hotel and I shall pass on your sincere thoughts to Iuri, who is a fantastic ambassador for our hotel.

Reviewed 1 August 2022

I've been dying to visit this hotel for I don't know how long, but it's unfortunate that after ringing 5 times to say you'll get a call tomorrow only to be left waiting....again. I still would like to stay at this hotel but it would be easier if someone could ring us back

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2022

5 star service from one of the best hotels to stay in in Ireland. Very central to the city centre and the view of the River Lee from your hotel room was amazing. Strongly recommend booking a deluxe room so that you get access to the executive lounge. The lounge contains snacks and drinks throughout the day, comfortable seats and a tv

Date of stay: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kevin Nelligan, Guest Services / Front Office at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Dear andrewlloydwright,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, we really appreciate your wonderful feedback.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The River Lee again in the near future.

Kind regards,