“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Oxford, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We recently stayed for 5 nights in the River Lee Hotel, Cork. The reception was welcoming with log fires and comfortable settees. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The de-luxe rooms were excellent, spacious with very comfortable beds. We enjoyed using the Executive Lounge on the fifth floor, where there are complimentary refreshments available all day. Wewill definitely return to this hotel.
The hotel food was very good and we enjoyed eating at the Hayfield Manor Hotel, which was superb, and The Liberty Grill, which had a great buzzing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a deluxe room on the fifth floor - spacious bedrooms and all the extras and a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Maturecouple784,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and indeed for sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and see your high praise for the staff and hotel and would like to assure you that all your feedback has been forwarded to all the Hotel Team.

I do hope to see you back soon at the River Lee Hotel and I hope we can continue to exceed all your expectations.

Ruairi O’Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very comfortable quiet room overlooking the river. Nespresso machine in the room and bathrobes. Great choice for breakfast. Ate in the bar at lunchtime and the food was just ok. Swimming pool seemed busy all the time. Free underground parking. Staff all very friendly and efficient. When checking out we were given bottled water for our journey which was a nice touch. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Corner room was larger and had a full wall sized window looking out on the river. No corridor traffi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear WilsonsDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive experience with others. I have passed all your positive feedback on to my team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River lee Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Checked into the River Lee hotel on Friday and we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. We booked a deluxe room as we were going away for our anniversary. We let the hotel know this a week or so before, so on check in we received a personalised greeting card which was a nice touch, however the hotel made an assumption that we were a heterosexual married couple, which was the total opposite. They could have not handed us the card once they seen us on check in, however we laughed this off. We could have taken offence to this but were not that kind of people. I do think they should be a little more 'open-minded' to the fact that not only straight couples celebrate anniversaries!! We booked a room-only room but the receptionist advised that breakfast was included which was also

The bar staff are accredit to them, they are all so polite and mannerly. We ordered bar food on the first day, which was lovely. We didn't eat in the restaurant at all over the weekend so cannot comment on this.The bedroom was very spacious and had good facilities; mini-bar, a/c and a lovely view. The accommodation staff called every day to re-stock the mini-bar and provide a turn-down service.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family alike. It is only a few mins walk to the main shopping street and various bars. We will definitely be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for a nice deluxe room as they have lovely views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sammy2000_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read your lovely comments on your stay and I have reviewed all your feedback with my Management Team.

I do hope to see you back soon at the River Lee Hotel so you yourself can see the positive results of your feedback.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Spent one night with my daughter at this hotel. From the moment we approached the front desk to check in, everything was first class. We were offered both hot hand towels on arrival and bottled water on checking out. Really nice touches. Room spotless. Free wi-fi all over hotel. Bedroom windows could be opened if required. Heated floor in bathroom. Breakfast was as good as I have had in superior graded hotels. Didn't use spa or pool. Bar food really good. (Thanks to Gordon) All in all will certainly return...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear xraymott,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

County Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a superb hotel even though my visit there was very short, as I was only staying the one night. I arrived at 11:45pm and was welcomed at reception by being offered a hot towel to freshen up. A lovely touch, particularly as I had just travelled over 200km. I made a very brief visit to the bar, which has a beautiful setting looking out onto the Lee. As I had expected from my experience at reception, the service was courteous and friendly. The bedroom was luxurious and spacious with all the usual facilities. The hotel has a leisure centre which, unfortunately, I was unable to avail of on this occasion. The breakfast was more than adequate with a similar setting to the bar. My brief experience of the hotel will ensure that the next time I am Cork, I will stay there and would gladly recommend it to fellow visitors to Cork.

Room Tip: In my experience al rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear FahyJ,

Thank you for taking the rime to post your feedback. I was delighted to read your review and see how much you enjoyed your stay and see how highly you thought of the staff. I have passed all your comments onto my team as well.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.