“Good service, great food”
Review of Il Primo

Il Primo
Ranked #317 of 723 Restaurants in Cork
Reviewed 4 July 2015

I can't understand why there are only 2 reviews of this restaurant. This is a great place that has been open for years and delivers consistently good service, food and drink. Anyway. Dined there tonight. It was delicious. We just walked in and got a table but the place was already busy and buzzy. Waitress was good, maybe could do with a little more training for example - offering to pour the wine instead of plonking a large ice bucket containing our bottle on a VERY small table for two. However she was very good otherwise. Food was delivered very promptly and was delicious. We had crab cakes served with salad and fries, and also plaice with tiger prawns, salad and fries. All delicious. The two substantial main courses + bottle of wine cost €60 which I thought was fine value.

The tables for two are a bit small, but I wouldn't take away points just for that. Huge dinner plates dont't help. Alll in all though, a great meal, and I would recommend. Just a bit of fine tuning on the service and I'd give it 5 stars.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

My brother was home from Oz recently and we decided to eat here as the food is always good and it's nice and spacious. There were 18 of us and we got a nice corner to ourselves where the adults and children could enjoy themselves without disturbing anyone else's meal.
The food was great as always and the staff were very attentive. Everyone was able to relax and the portions were generous. The Garlic mushrooms are a great starter and the Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Tagliatelle is lovely. They made sure the children were looked after as well, which helped the adults. Desert were lovely as well. We'd definitely return.

1  Thank Wander809544
Reviewed 10 October 2014

I ate here with my family recently. I was very impressed with the restaurant. The interior layout is very nice and spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful. The menu had a good selection. On arrival the food came in good sized portions and was very high quality. A highlight was my starter of brie in a filo pastry. It was gorgeous. The rest of my family had similar good experiences. Overall Id happily return here.