6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$153
Expedia.comUS$153
PricelineUS$153
TravelocityUS$153
TripadvisorUS$153
HurbUS$158
3,105 results
All reviews cork city the river anne marie hen party the penthouse oliver plunkett street car park modern hotel central location leisure centre would highly recommend this hotel few minutes walk english market fantastic hotel top class stayed here for one night bar food
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

5 minutes walk from the city centre and useful parking right underneath the hotel. Early check-in was much appreciated and we enjoyed the stay. Comfortable rooms and smart hotel although not exceptional. Would stay again if I had a car and needed parking.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2022 via mobile

I stay regularly in the Clayton Hotel Cork and am always impressed with the wonderful reception I get, the room quality which is great on their rates, and the generally busy and welcoming vibe from a city centre hotel.
Having stayed in nearly all Corks hotels as a business guest mostly, would strongly recommend the Clayton Cork as the best and best value and service by far.

Room tip: Arrange parking in advance and use the gym and pool which are small but excellent
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

Breakfast was a disappointment. Not only the quality but the service is run by a mean older woman who treats you like a misbehaving child.

There were also freezing cold ACs blowing all over the place. Especially the slightly run down gym was absolutely freezing cold every day. I ran on a noisy treadmill for 30 minutes but had to stop because the cold was too much.

Have extra money for your stay because all aspects are nickel and dime opportunities for the hotel.

If you want to visit the moldy showers, pool and sauna you need to buy and wear a weird hat in there. Btw you can’t throw water in the sauna at all on the rocks which was baffling. As an end result it’s like sitting in a toaster.

When I left the hotel and waited for my taxi outside. One of the security personnel asked if I’m “wasted”.
Like who does that.

Certainly made me feel like writing this review so I know to avoid Clayton hotels in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

I wanted to like the Clayton Hotel in Cork. I stayed there overnight twice at the beginning and end of a week in mid June. It’s really an attractive hotel and I think the location is very good. My best guess is the hotel is terribly understaffed and even conscientious staff members just can’t keep up with the demand or present a positive or cheerful attitude under their working conditions.

My first stay I arrived at 1:30. Yes — it was early and I would’ve been fine waiting. But they told me they had an “apartment” available. No explanation — here take the key. What they didn’t tell me was the apartments had no air conditioning and Cork broke it’s all fine record for heat that day. When I went down to ask about it I was treated badly: “well you arrived early and you could’ve waited.” I also could have been given information regarding the lack of air conditioning so I could make an informed consent or been switched rooms at that point. But no one had time to even discuss it with me.

I asked for a fan. Three calls and six hours later I got one.

A week later I was back for another overnight. When I checked out for the first stay I mentioned my unhappiness and they said they would give me a nice room when I came back. They didn’t.

The room they gave me on my second stay was crammed too full of beds (I was traveling alone) to move around in the room and my window looked into the hotel’s interior atrium lobby. Since I was only on the second floor there was no privacy.

Additional insult: I had prepaid for the room and the hotel charged me a second time — interestingly at two different rates. I’m still working that out with the credit card company.

I ate in the breakfast restaurant four times. The food was ok but it was a bit of a madhouse with no real service beyond the self service buffet. They just didn’t have the staff.

Both times I was there events were going on at the hotel and the lobby always had a long line to speak with the few staff members available.

I know staffing is a worldwide problem. I don’t love the interior facing rooms at the Clayton but it’s an attractive modern hotel. They just don’t have the staff to service the number of guests they book and it led to an unsatisfactory experience — twice.

And If they could straighten out the mess they made by charging me twice for the same stay I’d appreciate it.

Twice was enough — I won’t risk it again.

Room tip: Ask if they’re hosting a major event. Be careful about being given an apartment without air conditioning or an interior room.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2022 via mobile

Had a great time here attended a wedding staff were amazing especially a girl call siobhan she was very professional food was amazing and the rooms were fantastic will definitely come back again a hidden gem in cork city

Trip type: Travelled as a couple