10 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$165
TravelocityUS$165
HurbUS$171
3,116 results
All reviews cork city the river anne marie hen party the penthouse oliver plunkett street car park modern hotel central location leisure centre few minutes walk english market top class stayed here for one night bar food atrium gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Excellent hotel, great facilities and centrally situated in Cork city. This hotel has great views of the river Lee. The rooms are spotlessly clean. Staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. Looking forward to staying with them again on my next visit to Cork

Room tip: Absolutely central to Cork city. Main shopping area is a 10 minute walk away. All the finest restaurants are between 10-15 minutes walk for the hotel.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KevConn58
Kevin Nelligan, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2021

Dear KevConn58,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review of your stay at The Clayton Hotel Cork City.

We are genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2021 via mobile

Amaazing hotel and restaurant.The whole experience from start to finish is great waitress is always so friendly and kind. The managers Richard and Maxim, where awesome. Very polite and professional. The food can’t get better and the prices are fair for the portion size. Always a great spot to get great food. Legitimately the best restaurant around Cork city. Doesn’t matter what I get I end up liking it. My partner and I have been staying and eating here for a few years now. They make great breakfast and probably the best I’ve had.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Travel20403142407
Kevin Nelligan, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2021

Dear Travel20403142407,

It was an enormous pleasure to have you stay with us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff are the corner stone of our hotel and I shall pass on your sincere thoughts to Richard and Maxine, who are fantastic ambassadors for our hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed here with friends over the weekend, location is ideal and it's really inviting, very clean and comfortable. While I did have a great nights sleep. The hotels spa and restaurant left it down, we spent 2.5 hours in the restaurant for dinner having only mains and dessert (after been told there was no desserts due to technical issues in the kitchen) we did see other tables with them and they then came back with 1 option. We felt it was a lack of leadership from the management as most waiting staff were good. A feature we didnt like was the inappropriately loud music that seemed to be playing at times.
The spa experience was very basic and I wouldn't recommend. The relaxation area was on a corridor outside the treatment rooms.
The breakfast over priced 13.50 each, as we only had room only, my friend ordered pancakes and she got 1 on the plate which was very mean considering we were there early enuf and the continental help yourself was very bleak and it seemed to us lots of people were frustrated by this. Again staff were under pressure for the serving.
Reception staff were very helpful on check in and check out.
It's not somewhere I'd stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

This hotel is in a fantastic location within walking distance from the train station & all the lovely restaurants, shops & main shopping centre. We had a very comfortable stay. The bed was very comfy. Our room had a view of the River Lee & a balcony. We didn’t use it much as the weather was rainy.
The staff were very friendly & helpful. My partner who was working very early every morning was given a warm hello by Dean & a gift of coffee & a pan chocolat This thoughtfulness really helped make working on holidays a little easier!! I would like to see more effort made to recycle all the disposables being used in the rooms. There were no recycling bins available.

Room tip: Great breakfast
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2travelbugNow4

Dear 2travelbugNow4,

It was an enormous pleasure to have you stay with us. Our staff are the corner stone of our hotel and I shall pass on your sincere thoughts to Dean, who is a fantastic ambassador for our hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Second time staying here. Perfect location, staff are friendly however the only let down was when we arrived to check in at 15.00pm our room wasn’t ready so had to wait in the lobby. About 40 mins later a staff came over and said the room was ready. Felt annoyed as everyone else who checked in after me got the keys to their room no problem. Had a good nights rest here and enjoyed the breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin Nelligan, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2021

Dear sarahM6744AG,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review following your recent visit to us at The Clayton Hotel Cork City. I am very disappointed to read of your experience on checkout. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on the below details to discuss the issue further.

Kind regards,