“Great Family Trip with Butlers!”

Butlers Bus Tours of Ireland
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Cork
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in providing bus tours of Ireland for private groups large or small who wish to enjoy their own custom tailor made flexible tour of Ireland complete with their own personal experienced driver/guide.
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We just got back from an 8 day trip to Ireland. We had 9 in our group and planned to travel to 5 or 6 towns. Instead of renting 2-3 cars we decided to use Butlers. It was the best thing we could have done. We got a class b minibus which gave us plenty of room and an amazing Driver/guide named Liam. They worked with our itinerary and Liam helped us along the way with great suggestions. It was fantastic not having to worry about driving or directions and we essentially had a great tour guide the whole time. Definitely recommend using them over driving yourself.

Date of experience: April 2018
Louise M, Owner at Butlers Bus Tours of Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

HI Corey,

Thank you so much for choosing us at Butlers to tour Ireland with, it was a pleasure to have you and your group on board. I am delighted your tour was such a success. We have to agree with you Liam is an amazing Driver/Guide, I will be sure to pass your regards onto him.

We hope to see you again in the future,
Louise

"great suggestions"
"irish songs"
"memorable trip"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

John was absolutely the best driver we could have asked for to guide us through the many beautiful, but oh so narrow, roads of Ireland. His knowledge of the country's history was riveting and impressive. At each and every stop John was helpful and friendly--truly a joy to have along on our journey. We would, without reservation, recommend him to anyone that might ask.

Date of experience: March 2018
Louise M, Guest Relations Manager at Butlers Bus Tours of Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Diana,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. John truly has an encyclopedic knowledge of Ireland, We count ourselves lucky to have him as part of our team.

We would love to see have you on board in the future.

Louise and all at Butlers.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Mike Brady and Tony Butler drove us from Dublin to Belfast and then south west all the way around Ireland and back to Dublin over the course of 9 days.
Our group of 66 included 53 High School band students from the Green Valley High School in Henderson Nevada.
Transitions such as pick-ups and drop offs went smoothly even considering we were here for Easter week. Mike and Tony bonded with our students and even showed up for their performances!
They know the ins and outs of Ireland like the back of their hand. If you are bringing a group to Ireland definitely request them!

2  Thank Ray O

Hi Ray,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Mike and Tony told us all how talented your students performances were. It was pleasure to have you all on board.

We hope to see you all again in the future!

Warmest regards,
Louise and all at Butlers.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We chartered a coach for a group tour of Ireland. Not only was Butler's so easy to work with during the planning stage, they made the whole tour amazing easy. Our Driver John Stapleton was knowledgeable, courteous, professional and an over all delight to work with! I would recommend Butler's anytime, in fact we've already started working on our next trip!

2  Thank Courtney M
Louise M, Owner at Butlers Bus Tours of Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi Courtney,

We are delighted your tour was such a success! It was an absolute pleasure having you on-board.

We hope to see you all again in the future,

Warmest regards,
Louise

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My lucky husband was born on the 17th of March 1958. So his 60th birthday happened on a Saturday that was St Patrick’s Day. Years ago someone had the bright idea to celebrate his birthday in Ireland with a few friends. I started planning the trip in March of 2017 hoping that we would get about 5 or 6 friends to join. Based on our previous visits to Ireland, I knew we should hire a vehicle and a driver. Using a Google search for bus-hire-in-Ireland, I began shopping. Butlers Bus is flexible and provided prices for several size vehicles and trip durations. Because of their prompt response and no-nonsense approach, Butlers Bus was a front-runner from the very beginning.
By the middle of summer, the trip got so much momentum that 30 friends had given me a deposit for the airfare. Turns out we were going to need a full size bus! I had determined the basic itinerary and sent it on to Claire for a quote. She responded promptly with a fair price and a promise to provide a story-telling, history-knowing driver. We signed a contract and Butlers Bus never missed a commitment or opportunity to assist.
My husband and I are experienced, independent travelers. We have explored much of this wonderful world all on our own and most of the time without reservations. So putting together a trip for a diverse group of 34 was new to me. I knew we needed to have a set schedule to maximize our visit. Whenever I needed a little insight or local perspective, Claire came through for me. She settled up some details that I just couldn’t get done, like reserving a group entry to Guinness Storehouse on a Saturday at 1 o’clock! Needless to say, I had a lot of logistics to handle but I never worried about our transportation because of Claire.
Just as promised, John O’Donovan met our group at the arrival hall in the Dublin Airport right on time. From that moment until 9-days later when he delivered us to departures, John did his utmost to keep us safe and show us a good time. He was always early and kept us on schedule. He helped carry luggage, stopped at shops, told us stories, shared history, showed us special spots, helped us understand the troubles and appreciate the peace, made us laugh, and sang beautiful songs. He constantly exceeded my expectations and on occasion blew my mind with his commitment to full service. John is a true gentleman, an incredibly skilled driver, and wonderful asset to Butlers Bus.
Our bus is brand new, very comfortable and performed beautifully. There is ample storage both in the locked compartment under the bus and around the seats inside the bus. John even provided coolers for our picnic lunch and let us chill our beverages in the refrigerator. The bus seems too wide and long for those notorious narrow Ireland roads; but, John got us everywhere we wanted to go!
Our trip was so special to every one of the 34 of us. It was worth every minute of planning and every penny spent. My husband truly had the best birthday ever and our friends had the trip of a lifetime. There is a lot of talk about “next time.” If there is and it calls for a vehicle and a driver, I know just who to call…Butlers Bus.

2  Thank celusnek
Louise M, Guest Relations Manager at Butlers Bus Tours of Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Georgi,

Firstly a big Happy Birthday to Captain Mike. We are thrilled you chose us at Butler's to tour Ireland with. It was an absolute pleasure to have you on board.

John is still talking about his tour with you and he was showing us your brilliant itinerary book. We count ourselves as lucky to have John and Claire as part of our team.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass them onto both Claire and John.

We hope to have you on board again in the future,

Louise & all at Butlers.