“The Pub of your Dreams”

Dan Sheahan's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 723 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Irish pub with quality food and traditional Irish music regularly.
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a genuine Irish Pub experience, try Dan Sheahans. Owner and his wife on the premise with a great local following in a timber and stone building with fireplaces and a terrific bar.
My sister and I had dinner while looking up ancestry in Ovens and St John the Baptist parish. We received information via email the next day regarding a relative.
But the real attraction is the Irish welcome and the wonderful people here
Food and drink was great. Try the mashed peas! Have some fun

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch snack and a Guinness before flying home. Good menu choices. Portions of main meals looked huge but delicious. We chose a seafood chowder each. Really filling, packed full of fish, a meal in itself. Lovely moist soda bread too. They serve food all day. It has free WiFi. Only 15 min from the airport. Off there now.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on Sunday evening with my 7 year old boy who is coeliac! I asked the barman about gluten free so he brought out a gluten free menu! The food and service was excellent I can’t wait to come back again!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

went there today ordered beef , goujons with chips and a baby bowl ( not exactly cause for major delay) we waited 45 mins and with still no sign of any food coming we left very poor and certainly wont be returning it was not busy so not a excuse very disappointing barman did apologise but needless to say poor service

2  Thank Stay803604
Reviewed 6 January 2018

This bar doesn't really pretend to be a restaurant, it serves very good bar food and does it very well. Located on the main Killarney road it has a huge car park and covered sit down smoking area so parking is a breeze and all tastes are catered for.
Whilst the menu is not overly extensive, it is more than adequate with something for everyone and is even supported by a gluten free menu.
The servers are welcoming, efficient and friendly, none more so than the owner himself, so you will certainly be made welcome into this cosy, very informal setting which I believe is a positive for any service enterprise.
I had the warm chicken salad starter (my request for it to be served without chorizo was not an issue) which was reasonably priced and as flavorsome as any I've had anywhere, it was perfectly balanced and I would certainly recommend as a starter or a main course.
Service may seem a little slow but everything appears to be cooked to order and arrives on the table fresh, well presented and piping hot, so the wait is more than acceptable.
I had a T Bone steak main which was well cooked and accompanied by onion rings, fired onions & mushrooms and champ mash, whilst my partner had Fish & Chips accompanied by peas, salad and tartar sauce, also all nicely presented and flavorsome.
A glass of white wine for €5.50 and a glass of milk for a €1 represents good value for money accompaniment to the meal.
The desserts read well and were priced competitively, but I couldn't do one justice after such a large meal.
All in all very flavorsome good value for money well presented food in a rustic, cosy, comfortable, pleasant and welcoming setting.
I will definitely be back.

2  Thank 972JamesO
TheTatlerJak, Owner at Dan Sheahan's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you James for this comprehensive and balanced review.