“Cosy Yet Buzzing Restaurant ”
Review of Orso

Orso
Ranked #9 of 723 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve exciting food with bold flavours in the heart of the city. Open from 8am, 6 days per week. We serve our own roast of coffee and an ever changing menu, amazing pastries, an exciting wine list and beers from our own brewery.
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

On arrival to the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly chap informing us that the restaurant was very busy but that he would have a table in an hour. He took my phone number and said he would call when our table was prepared. Within the hour he rang and we headed straight to the restaurant.

Once in the door, the warm embrace of the dim light restaurant in contrast to the sharp cold evening outside was a delight. Immediately you notice a small cocktail bar inside the door with a busy bartender preparing drinks for the eagerly awaiting guests.

We took our seats and browsed the impressive evening menu. The menu has North African influences throughout.

For starter we shared Sfeehahs between the two of us. These were two small pastries filled with lamb and accompanied by a small cous cous salad. A perfect start to the meal.

For mains, I went with the evening special of lamb tagine. I can’t compliment the dish enough, the lamb was melt in the mouth and the dish was infused with pearl cous cous, green olives and pomegranate. It was delicious!!

My girlfriend went with the falafels, it was a beautifully decorated dish full of flavour, perfect texture and a delicious harissa sauce. Both our mains went down a treat and we were both left complimenting the restaurant over and again.

For drinks I went with the Argentinian Malbec, it was a perfect match for the lamb main. My girlfriend had the whiskey sour cocktail which easily won her approval.

We couldn’t manage dessert but judging by the quality of the meal, I could imagine the desserts being well worth a try!

If your in cork, swing by this restaurant, no bookings taken, walk in only, you won’t be disappointed!!

1  Thank ianwilliamryan

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

2nd time eating here, it is difficult to get a spot in this tiny restaurant but always worth checking in because it's fab! Last night we sat at the bar on high stools, something I've been reluctant to do before but it was lovely. Both of us were driving so weren't drinking but they do a 100ml taster of wine which was perfect accompaniment to our main course. Shared a lamb pastry starter and I had a beef pie for main was jam packed with melt in the mouth beef. All the food has a fantastic middle eastern flair, syper nice people working there, excellent drinks, (craft beer, wine & cocktails)love it there. Can't recommend enough.

1  Thank Claire O
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have been a big fan of Orso since it opened. It has a great selection of wines and craft beer. Fragrant flavours abound. Eastern Mediterranean and North African influences are laced throughout the menu. You have to try the Rosewater meringues and they used do a fabulous almond cream flat bread for breakfast. Did I forget to mention that the staff are friendly too......

1  Thank oonagh m
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We squeezed into Orso and found a seat at the bar. Orso is a very cool place with great food. The vegan options were on point. The service was delightful and they sure know how to make a drink. Unreal!

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Orso never fails to deliver, both in terms of tasty, beautifully flavoured food and friendly warm service. We have been for breakfast, lunch and this time, dinner. All menus have a great choice of thoughtfully put together eastern/Mediterranean dishes. It's so hard to choose!! We chose to sit up at the bar which we loved and had great wine, flatbreads and chicken and lamb dishes. The presentation and use of spices were outstanding and there wasn't a scrap left on our plates! We finished with a coffee based martini made by Mark which was superb. cant wait to come back soon and try something else on the menu! We'll done to the Orso team.

1  Thank ccosgrave1978