All reviews concierge john fresh apples cork city mccurtain street excellent bar parking garage short break lovely hotel every staff member very pleasant stay train station close to city centre city break no air conditioning stayed longer old world charm definitely stay here again
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Nice room with adequate storage. Roomy modern bathroom with nice amenities. Discounted parking at nearby indoor car park. Just across the river from the main shopping district. Good restaurants near the hotel that are not tourist traps. Train station a short walk away for trips to Cobh and other places where driving would be inconvenient. Fair prices for food and drink at the hotel. Very good staff. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2018

this is a neat hotel conveniently located in the center of Cork. Easy walking distance to shops and food, and the staff is very helpful. the rooms were clean, the decor very nice, and the breakfast is great.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I stayed at the hotel with a large group (30 people) while we were in town for a chorus competition. One of our members organized the trip and searched for the cheapest options possible, so I didn't have high expectations for the hotel before arriving. I was so happily surprised to find that the hotel was beautiful, clean, and had plenty of amenities and all the things you'd want in your room. The rooms were a bit small, but we were really only there to sleep and for that it was perfect. The bed was comfy and the pillow were so fluffy (what brand are they?? I need one!). The Metropole made our competition weekend in Cork feel like a holiday and the receptionist allowed us to drunkenly serenade him when we got back from the bar around 3am after coming celebrating our silver medal. I'd definitely stay here again next time I'm in Cork!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for six weeks now.. it is literally the best hotel I have ever stayed in all the staff are amazing and so friendly they are a credit to the hotel every single one of them.. also I would like to give a special mention to John the hotel representative he his amazing and such a credit to the hotel every hotel needs a John love this hotel and the staff so much will definitely visit again... love you all Eddie (Nottingham)

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank eddiedraper
Reviewed 11 October 2018

First time staying at the Metropole in about 2 years, very impressed with the changes made and hearing about the planned changes. Much better feel about the place, as always a great location. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple