“Great place to stop for soup and sandwiches ”
Review of The Castle Cafe

The Castle Cafe
Ranked #49 of 713 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$17 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Castle Cafe is a fully Licensed restaurant and cafe located at Blackrock Castle, Cork. We serve brunch and lunch 7 days a week and dinner from 5pm Tuesday to Sunday.
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I walked about 5 KM from our hotel and decided to check out the cafe before touring the castle. The soup and sandwich combo is a great lunch option! Soup was just what we needed on a cool day and the sandwiches were a great accompaniment.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Café is on the Castle Townsend grounds. Breakfast food is different than usual breakfast items. It is elegantly prepared and delicious. I made a substitute of the eggs from fried to scrambled. It was superb. My dish was Eggs Florentine. The outdoors overlooked the water. Worth the experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This location is so relaxing and the food and staff are a credit to management definitely you have to visit this place for atmosphere and how a restaurant should be run.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I visit this restaurant with my few friends. Good location and atmosphere are good. Food is wonderful and very reasonable price. We like it.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I was very disappointed with my experience at The Castle today. There is no vegan breakfast option, and I asked if I could order from the lunch menu, and I was told no (it was fifteen minutes from the beginning of the lunch menu). I then ordered a breakfast with vegan adaptations - having the egg and cheese removed. Despite these removals I was charged the same amount. The dish was very disappointing, a flavourless chickpea stew. This made for a bland and expensive brunch experience for what was basically a very small bowl of stew.

No attempt was made to accommodate my special dietary requirements, and I would not recommend brunch at the castle for anyone who has might need support from the staff in this way. However, the location is beautiful, and my friends did enjoy their breakfasts.