Sheilas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
View Hotel
All reviewscity centrekey cardensuite bathroomdouble beddormpaddysaunastoragepubscobh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Ireland from the United states for the first time,and decided I wanted to take a trip to Cork. I found this hostel online and really enjoyed my stay there Im definitely planning
on coming back to Cork and staying at
Shelia's again..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Sheila's hostel was alright. Bedroom was clean, but my friend who booked had called to ask about a girl's room and we were booked into a mixed room. Beds were comfortable and clean, though bunk beds were quite squeaky and weren't the best quality. Bathroom was also mixed and wasn't the cleanest. Staff was friendly. Only other qualm was that we were required to keep track of both our room key and another piece of paper to be let in late that evening (1 paper and room key per person), which was a bit stressful when going for a night out.
Overall was fine for our one night stay (5 girls, early 20s), but if staying for a longer period it would've been tiring.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I stayed at Sheilas for one night in mixed dorm. The staff was nice. The room had too few sockets for ten people to charge their stuff. The bathroom upstairs was a nightmare, but luckily the downstairs showers were good.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Came into Cork last minute with min. Choices. I've stayed in 37 hostels in the past year and this was the absolute worst. No hot water. No decency. Completely rude. I regret not paying more for a hotel‍♀️

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Haylee W
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I stayed with Sheila's for one night, and it was very comfortable. It's a very big hostel, which was a bit of a downside AND an upside - negative because it was quite a walk to the bathrooms (half a story down) and kitchen, but upside because it was a beautiful building with lots of character, plus it was very spacious (big kitchen, living areas etc). The dorm was comfortable, though I was the only woman in a mixed dorm. I would appreciate it if it was actually MIXED, and if it's 10 guys in there - put the girl in another dorm. But that's just a little side note and I'm not familiar with the hostel logistics so maybe there was a good reason! Staff was very helpful and friendly, though seemed a little 'insulted' when I wasn't interested in the sights etc around Cork (not visiting as a tourist). Average guest here seemed a little strange.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo