Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

Book in advance
from
US$12.24
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Cork City Gaol
from US$12.24
from US$19.09
from US$28.64
1,826 results
All reviews self guided city centre prison history stealing ghost grounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

Had a lovely day with family and we enjoyed the walk around aswell the hounds I got some lovely pics with family on the ground’s aswell

Reviewed 24 July 2022

The Cork City Gaol is a wonderful way to spend an hour or so. For your 10 Euro ticket, you get (self-guided) access to the jail buildings...the cells in which prisoners were held, the halls, the guards' rooms, and so on. There are plenty of points of interest along the way, all of which are noted in the free guide. You can learn a lot about individual prisoners, conditions in the jail, and the various political, cultural, and economic issues that affected the jail's population and its ultimate demise.

I highly recommend admission for anyone with an interest in history.

Reviewed 22 July 2022

This was fascinating. Get the audio option and take your time. Lots of weird facts and stories that really bring the place to life. I'd totally do this again...as long I don't get locked in!

Reviewed 18 July 2022

Wonderful visit, we were very impressed, it's clean, well kept. Informative displays, knowledgeable,, friendly staff.

Date of experience: June 2022
Reviewed 11 July 2022

I took my 16 year old and twin 9 year old sons here at the last minute as we had the time and we ended up LOVING our visit! The scavenger hunt guided us just enough to keep us moving and there were some interesting activities to do as well that my kids were totally into. We learned, we were entertained - for both adults and kids, this was a great time. Very friendly and helpful staff and a delightful shop as well. We could've stayed longer!

Date of experience: April 2022